General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Mopar combustion chamber cleaner video results

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gm does sell this stuff also, at least they used to. top engine cleaner worked the same way, they had crankcase cleaner and a bunch others.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
Burning oil obviously affects your a/f. It is not the only part of the equation no matter how many times your throw it in to be a smartalec to me. While using your back bumper as a diagnosis tool, you may want to consider the byproducts that come from burning "massive" amounts of oil. It's not known to be the most clean burning substance. You also might take into account how much of the gas in your cylinder is not burning because of that oil presence and is going out of the tailpipe raw. Not from actually running rich in a/f, but from what oil does to the combustion process that prevents that fuel from being burnt.
Jeez man...who the **** is being a "smartalec". I'm telling you what I've done and I'm trying to figure out what "HAS FIXED" my oil burning issue.

You call me a smartalec above...then you proceed to agree with me that is ALL about the damn oil that was going through my PCV and intake.

WTF......

I'm not going to argue anything further as it seems to get us nowhere and I don't like the thought of burning bridges.
Show me one argumentative post from me.

Wow man.......

I stop oil from going through my intake......1) my oil burning issue is gone 2) I'm not running pig rich anymore 3) engine runs like its new

You make it sound like I'm an idiot doing all the wrong things. I'm sure your only suggestion would be to buy a new short block from you.

I need a beer.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really dont know what is the total solution to this. Ive thought that if you could take the crankcase fumes from both valvcovers, separate out the oil mist for reuse in the crankcase, then separate out the water vapor/combustion byproducts crap in a catch can, and finally let the 'cleaned' air back into the engine prior to the MAF, then all would be well. This would prevent the oil consumption, the smog aspect, and the metering issues. The tough part is that the "clean" air is not really clean, and would quickly corrode the fine wires in the MAF.
So for a daily driver, I would really look into adding oil separators on the PCV lines as soon as they exit the valve covers. GM dropped the ball on the design of the VALVECOVERS, as they dont have the necessary height to have oil separators.
GM knows this, and that is why the later corvette PCV uses an oil separator in the lifter valley. Too bad you have to remove the intake and grind on the LS1 block to install it. (have you heard of corvette folks having oil consumption issues like the fbodys and trucks?

Quick Reply: Mopar combustion chamber cleaner video results