General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default install related question

well a little while back I had to have my spec stage III installed for me as the stocker blew out just days before I was going to go home from college. Anyway, I had the install done and I noticed on my trip back that the cruise control doesn't work at all. Is this even disconnected during the install? Where is the cruise control module located on our cars? I'd much rather check it myself real quick than bother setting up a time to drop the car off again, have it looked at, etc...

thanks in advance
Old 01-19-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they do a master cylinder?
You might check the switch that the clutch pedal hits when your clutch pedal is up.
This switch is adjustable.
You will have to remove the panels under the steering wheel to get to it.
Tom
Old 01-20-2004, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I had upgraded master and slave done at the same time so that could be it. I was in a hurry to get the car out and get home so the panel under the steering wheel wasn't attatched yet by him, that's probably it. Where is the switch underneath there? Is it pretty easy to find just by moving the clutch pedal once or twice and watching the travel?
Old 01-20-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

Yep THats it
Old 01-20-2004, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

Its a white button over the clutch pedal. Just screw it in or out to adjust it until it touches the pedal arm when the clutch is up. You can also adjust the sensitvity this way.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys i'll check it out tomorrow when I find some time or thursday for sure. Hopefully that's it! Btw, I love the spec 3 x-pad so far and it's not even fully broken in...
Old 01-22-2004, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Blk98Bird - I had the same thing done (swapped master/slave and clutch and got the car back Monday) and found the same problem. I am going to check my switch today or tomorrow to see if that is the problem - let me know what you find as well. I won't dare take my car back to the same guy since he kept my car for a week last time.... and didn't know anything about performance parts....
Old 01-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

This was the exact problem. With the new hydraulics, the clutch pedal was lower and not even touching the switch. I dropped the kickpanel, unclipped the cruise control switch from the clutch and screwed the clip all the way down. Now it depresses the switch completely. Total time, 1 hr with interrruptions and testing time on the highway.