General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

blinker light failure

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 06:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blinker light failure

i have an 02 ws6 and my passenger side blinker doesnt stay on all the time like the driver side does. it does come on when i use my blinker SOMETIMES but not always. ive changed the bulb 3 times and it does the same thing. ive noticed other TA and Camaro's with the same problem. how do i fix this because it drives me insane. thanks.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:16 AM
On The Tree

have you replaced the flasher under the dash?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Teching In

no i havnt. is that something i can get at any parts store? and wouldnt that cause both lights to not work?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:24 AM
On The Tree

Does your driver side work properly? If it does, it probably isn't the flasher, it's probably the connector harness that your bulb plugs into. I had to replace both of mine because the turn signal housings were cracked and let water get in. If that is your case, you can buy the connectors at autozone for like $8 a piece. If it's the flasher, you can buy one of those from autozone also. Or any other auto parts store.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by majeskyb
Does your driver side work properly? If it does, it probably isn't the flasher, it's probably the connector harness that your bulb plugs into. I had to replace both of mine because the turn signal housings were cracked and let water get in.
If your bulb housing is cracked I suggest you get on ebay and order a new housing before you replace the pigtail. I went through 3 pigtails before I realized the housing was cracked and the water getting in was what was burning up the pigtail.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

I went the cheap way and sealed mine with silicone and clear paint. Cost me a couple bucks and an hour of work, and has been good since April. Also, my connectors were corroded to the point the leads were gone on my old ones. They had to be replaced if I ever wanted to use my turn signals again.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

I've tried all that on my 99Z. Even replaced the turn signal housing on the front passenger side once, bulb to many times to count, and the pig tail twice. It still blows the bulb about once a month. I finally gave up worrying about it and just replace the bulb when it blows.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kmdracer
I've tried all that on my 99Z. Even replaced the turn signal housing on the front passenger side once, bulb to many times to count, and the pig tail twice. It still blows the bulb about once a month. I finally gave up worrying about it and just replace the bulb when it blows.
try re-grounding it maybe, would my last guess.