General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My car was stolen. How do I prevent this from happening AGAIN?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 608kZ28
i saw a 20/20 special (some show like that) were they had a car outfitted with 5 different theft systems. they brought in a retired car thief. and the car thief drove away with the car in 5 minutes. with something like the club, all one has to do is cut the steering wheel. the car still drives.

my best advice is keep all things of value hidden. ipods, phones, cds, money, things of that sort
Its an impossibility for any level of car thief to drive away with my car in just 5 minutes.

A car with absolutely no alarm at all...but with just a fuel pump shut off switch will keep anyone from driving the car away...until the fuel pump is rewired to run or the kill switch is somehow triggered to work again.

Nothing on TV can be believed.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I want to put train air horns on my ws6..... Or at least ones from a semi... Have the wired to the alarm with a small Electric compressor .. Theres videos of that somewhere ..
Old 02-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by baalic
I want to put train air horns on my ws6..... Or at least ones from a semi... Have the wired to the alarm with a small Electric compressor .. Theres videos of that somewhere ..
Yea, have one mounted under the dash that goes off when they try to drive the car.

How about the stun guns inside the seats.......if the ignition is energized, so is your back, *** and legs with 150,000 volts. That has been done too. lol

Old 02-11-2011, 01:58 AM
Banned

All you guys interested in the GPS tracker device.....

I'll have the info on brand and where my friend got it tomorrow, but here's what he did for me tonight ((PICTURE BELOW)). This was with the receiver inside the house as he sat next to his computer and pulled up the website to find the receiver.

This is my friend I mentioned that bought it for his $100,000 race boat, which is in the driveway on a trailor.

The receiver works indoors and he said it also works when put in the cabin of the boat between two seat cushions. So it will easily work in the hatch area of our cars or attached to the backglass up high, or inbetween the rear seats. Half the size of a cigarette pack.

Attached Thumbnails My car was stolen. How do I prevent this from happening AGAIN?-gps.tracker.jpg  
Old 02-11-2011, 02:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Its an impossibility for any level of car thief to drive away with my car in just 5 minutes.

A car with absolutely no alarm at all...but with just a fuel pump shut off switch will keep anyone from driving the car away...until the fuel pump is rewired to run or the kill switch is somehow triggered to work again.

if someone wants your car bad enough. they will get it
Old 02-11-2011, 07:12 AM
Staging Lane

you live in a dream world my friend.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sempire
I remember a wise man told me to never let people know what you have under the hood...

I had a friend that used to sit outside of the donut shop with his hood popped showing off his 9 second engine that he dumped thousands into. Everyone knew who he was, what was done to the engine, where he lived, worked, and went to school.

One day he woke up and his car was gone, and when they found it, the car was intact except for the engine. They hoisted out the engine professionally and left the car abandoned in a parking lot...

it sounds like people knew there was some good stuff under your hood. I don't talk about what I got, and I won't show you my engine.
Very smart advice!!

This goes the same for guys who carry concealed firearms. Concealed means concealed and the only time it comes out is when you feel your life is in danger or you're at home taking it off your belt. There are a group of guys up here in the NH Manchester area that like to open carry a firearm and argue with police when asked for ID. They think that by carrying a firearm openly no one is going to mess with them and that by doing it, somehow it will become socially acceptable again as in the 1800's but there have been several shootings/murders and thefts of guns from people across our country where people were known to either be shooting guns (Ranges, clubs) or carrying them. If a guy is intent on doing something devious he'll just come up and either kill these people or hold them at gun point and steal their firearms. The only time a thug should know you carry a concealed weapon is when he is looking down the barrel of it when he mistook you for an easy victim.

Same idea, don't show it off unless you want it to end up stolen.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

LS6427, did you ever get the info on the GPS setup from your friend?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StormesRacing001
LS6427, did you ever get the info on the GPS setup from your friend?
Sorry it took so long man.

This is the one he has:

http://www.zoombak.com/products/auto/

I'm getting this same one. You set a zone, up to 10 different zones to protect the car that stay active all the time. Work parking lot, home, girlfriends house, etc......it sends an email and/or a text message when the car leaves that designated area. So when you get i nthe car and drive to work you just park it, the GPS knows its now in a ZONE and arms itself to let you know if it leaves that zone by a burglar.

And even if someone takes the car and hauls *** a few miles away and pulls into a cement warehouse...the "track" that the car took to that warehouse is shown on the map when you look for it on the internet. If its driving down a road, you call the police and tell them where its going as you watch it move.

And the reason this thing works deep inside a house...it also uses wireless networks to find the reciever if GPS satellites can't find it or lose track of it.......so anywhere your cell phone works, this will work. So you can hide it anywhere in the car.

I'm going to test a few locations in my car and hard wire it so it stays charged all the time, I might put it in a sealed zip-lock type bag or other sealed item and put it under my hood somewhere...since I have a hood lock there's no way they can just toss it in the grass and take off with my car. A hood lock is a MUST for true auto protection, for many reasons. Or just hide it somewhere inside the dash if the signal works.....cool thing is, this thing can be played with and tested.

Also...its mobile. Stays charged You can drop in your girlfiends car if you're suspicious of something (bitches ), track your kids, let your kids use it if they go on vacation so you can find them if there's ever a problem, boat, etc.......or whatever you might need it for.
Battery stays good for up to 150 location requests online...thats a shitload. You can give it to someone to track them for weeks and weeks away from a charger.

Stolen cars......thing of the past with this and a basic alarm and hood lock. At least the car will always be found in minutes.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Trick
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...tem/index.html
I read this a few years back, I dont know what good it works though.
^^^ I'm having the RAVELCO installed in a few weeks after I'm done throwing cash at a new gun. It's a great system. A few friends have them and said that they love it. Gotta triple it up!! Car alarm, Gorilla Club & RAVELCO! ... Hell, I'm so paranoid that even though my baby is locked up in the garage, I still have the alarm set and the club on the wheel.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
^^^ I'm having the RAVELCO installed in a few weeks after I'm done throwing cash at a new gun. It's a great system. A few friends have them and said that they love it. Gotta triple it up!! Car alarm, Gorilla Club & RAVELCO! ... Hell, I'm so paranoid that even though my baby is locked up in the garage, I still have the alarm set and the club on the wheel.
Every little thing helps....only big problem with that is.....thieves already know these days that every halfway decent alarm comes with a kill switch or fuel shut off..........
Therefore, most cars are stolen using tow trucks that just take your car is 10 seconds. They can care less if the alarm is going off, I've seen cars on tow trucks many times with alarms going off, nobody does anything anymore these days. Hell, every time I walk through the parking lot at the mall there's alarms going off. The world has become immune to them. They tow it right into a bay and close the door. Or they break the door glass, pop the hood, smack the siren with a hammer (15 seconds)...then they slowly tow your car away in silence.

You must have at least: a hood lock to protect the siren and battery (and back-up battery).....and a tracking system that alerts you the car is on the move. Any other system that does not contain those two things really is NOT a good system, its just a "hope a tow truck isn't used" system.

If I'm walking around the mall or at a Miami Dolphin game and some takes my car (after I get the Zoombak GPS), I do nothing but pull it up on my Iphone, then call 911 to tell the dispatcher where the car is.....it won't make it 2 miles.

There's only one way to NEVER lose your car. The two Bold items above must be used. You may have to go get it, or have the cops chase them down......but nobody is getting your car, period.

BTW....I'm getting a Colt .45 Defender in 2 weeks......can't wait.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by driftpin
Very smart advice!!

This goes the same for guys who carry concealed firearms. Concealed means concealed and the only time it comes out is when you feel your life is in danger or you're at home taking it off your belt. There are a group of guys up here in the NH Manchester area that like to open carry a firearm and argue with police when asked for ID. They think that by carrying a firearm openly no one is going to mess with them and that by doing it, somehow it will become socially acceptable again as in the 1800's but there have been several shootings/murders and thefts of guns from people across our country where people were known to either be shooting guns (Ranges, clubs) or carrying them. If a guy is intent on doing something devious he'll just come up and either kill these people or hold them at gun point and steal their firearms. The only time a thug should know you carry a concealed weapon is when he is looking down the barrel of it when he mistook you for an easy victim.

Same idea, don't show it off unless you want it to end up stolen.
I get the analogy but your WAY off on 'Open Cary' supporters! It's a demonstration to protect our 2nd Amendment rights. The rule is that the firearm can't be loaded and you need to stay off school grounds and government buildings. Point being, ALL the sidearms you saw, were unloaded. ... ALOT of folks like to use the "Wild West" comparison but that's just stupid. The demonstrations aren't meant to intimidate. They're meant to educate people in that it is still our right to do so if you choose. Local & National Media has convieniently found a way to vilanize 'Open Cary' supporters because they have decided to make it socially unacceptable over the years. ...

... My .02
Old 02-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Banned

I get the analogy but your WAY off on 'Open Cary' supporters! It's a demonstration to protect our 2nd Amendment rights. The rule is that the firearm can't be loaded and you need to stay off school grounds and government buildings. Point being, ALL the sidearms you saw, were unloaded. ... ALOT of folks like to use the "Wild West" comparison but that's just stupid. The demonstrations aren't meant to intimidate. They're meant to educate people in that it is still our right to do so if you choose. Local & National Media has convieniently found a way to vilanize 'Open Cary' supporters because they have decided to make it socially unacceptable over the years. ...

... My .02
ageed. Too bad open carry is too much for people to handle these days. Just shows you how little people care or know about the US Constitution and its meaning to us all.
Reading of the Federalist Papers and passing a test on it should be required to graduate High School. This country would be so different if people understood the US Constitution.

Also.....its 100% legal in Florida to "posture" if a threat is close. Meaning you are allowed to pull your gun to show it, aiming it at the ground, showing them you are ready to use it.....if someone is approaching you in a hostile manor and you fear great bodily injury or death. And in Florida, great bodily injury is defined in the statutes as something as little as a broken finger. I love Florida.
Its a complete myth that you are only allowed to pull a gun ONLY if you plan to shoot someone.
Lawful self defense = keeping yourself from being injured.

anyway......back to car theft devices..... lol

Old 02-18-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

Every little thing helps....only big problem with that is.....thieves already know these days that every halfway decent alarm comes with a kill switch or fuel shut off..........
Therefore, most cars are stolen using tow trucks that just take your car is 10 seconds. They can care less if the alarm is going off, I've seen cars on tow trucks many times with alarms going off, nobody does anything anymore these days. Hell, every time I walk through the parking lot at the mall there's alarms going off. The world has become immune to them. They tow it right into a bay and close the door. Or they break the door glass, pop the hood, smack the siren with a hammer (15 seconds)...then they slowly tow your car away in silence.

You must have at least: a hood lock to protect the siren and battery (and back-up battery).....and a tracking system that alerts you the car is on the move. Any other system that does not contain those two things really is NOT a good system, its just a "hope a tow truck isn't used" system.

If I'm walking around the mall or at a Miami Dolphin game and some takes my car (after I get the Zoombak GPS), I do nothing but pull it up on my Iphone, then call 911 to tell the dispatcher where the car is.....it won't make it 2 miles.

There's only one way to NEVER lose your car. The two Bold items above must be used. You may have to go get it, or have the cops chase them down......but nobody is getting your car, period.

BTW....I'm getting a Colt .45 Defender in 2 weeks......can't wait.

I have a few friends who work(ed) for a loan shark and a handful of years back, I remember meeting up with them on a collection. He used to have them install these gps trackers to the bottom of cars that had no on/off switches. ... I remember them calling me to see if I wanted to grab lunch but to meet them at a Starbucks. I get to the Starbucks and find them leaning on a guys car, waiting for him to pop out with his coffee to collect. I should ask which gps units they were using. The battery charge would hold for an entire week apparently.

... Nice. I'm buying a Kimber Custom ii 1911 (.45 ACP). I'm gonna take the plunge and pop for the Integrated Laser Sight from LaserMax that replaces the recoil spring. I might add a compensator for rapid firing.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Banned

I have a few friends who work(ed) for a loan shark and a handful of years back, I remember meeting up with them on a collection. He used to have them install these gps trackers to the bottom of cars that had no on/off switches. ... I remember them calling me to see if I wanted to grab lunch but to meet them at a Starbucks. I get to the Starbucks and find them leaning on a guys car, waiting for him to pop out with his coffee to collect. I should ask which gps units they were using. The battery charge would hold for an entire week apparently.
Funny ****..... lol

... Nice. I'm buying a Kimber Custom ii 1911 (.45 ACP). I'm gonna take the plunge and pop for the Integrated Laser Sight from LaserMax that replaces the recoil spring. I might add a compensator for rapid firing.
The laser integrated with the guide rail is nice, I had one years ago on a different gun I owned. My guide rail now is filled with mercury to lessen the recoil. But its a full size customized Colt .45 National Match....too damn big to carry and I've been carrying it for 21 years.

I need a sub-compact and I shot a friends Defender .45 a few months ago.....beautiful action, didn't jam once in 200 rounds that day. And it had no ramp work or anything else done to it. I'm having a few ounces added to the slide to really make it jam free. These sub-compacts have such light slides that they come back forward under the spring pressure to fast before the next bullet can pop up from the mag and they sometimes jam. Its gonna be nice to carry something so much smaller than my current .45.

Kimbers are badass....I'm just a Colt man.........

Old 02-18-2011, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

How much does the Zoombak gps run for?
Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

LS6427... Colt Defenders are pretty badass. I just looked up the specs because I forgot what they were. That's a good concealed sidearm. ... I just like the Kimbers because all The mods Id typically make, are already done to it. Saves me the time and trouble.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Banned

How much does the Zoombak gps run for?
$149.00

Then you choose a service plan. Pay monthly, 6 months, yearly or a one time lifetime payment for service.

Its awesome. Check my post above about it or check out there site. I also posted a picture above on this page of my friend tracking it at the computer while the receiver was sitting next to his computer. It uses GPS, but anytime that signal gets low it immediately reverts to wireless cell towers for finding it anywhere, even inside buildings.

http://www.zoombak.com/products/auto/

Old 02-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Banned

LS6427... Colt Defenders are pretty badass. I just looked up the specs because I forgot what they were. That's a good concealed sidearm. ... I just like the Kimbers because all The mods Id typically make, are already done to it. Saves me the time and trouble.
No doubt, Kimbers are sweet. I have a few friends that carry those.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used car dealers use a devce that will prevent your car from starting if miss payments...............

Quick Reply: My car was stolen. How do I prevent this from happening AGAIN?