General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

help with my 02 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with my 02 camaro

I took my 2002 camaro z28 into selman chevrolet in orange california.

When i arrived they did a diagnostics on a cat converter warranty repair. My only signal light was for the cat.

On receiving my car, here are the gauges that dont work: rpms, gas, oil pressure, temp. abs in op, air bag in op, traction in op.

Any ideas of what is going on? they said they will not cover it even though it happened when it was with them over night.

cats are bolt on so they said they could not have caused it. I only went to dealership because it was a warranty fix.

Thank you. Or if you know anyone at that dealership that can help me let me know . thank you.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Possibly bad cluster, bad ground, or class 2 serial data line is bad between PCM and IPC. Tough to say without having a Tech 2 in hand. I would check all fuses first.

Coincedance? Maybe. Something the dealer did? Maybe, but if all they did was replace a cat then I doubt they did anything that caused it. The only wiring you touch when doing a cat is the O2 sensors.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:36 PM
wrencher

Call the service manager & explain what happened. That this is unacceptable.
Maybe it just failed who knows but to not even make an effort on their part to determine what happened it kinda shitty. It's not really a big deal to get an idea of whats going on.
Any welding done (doubtful) @ all I would question them.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Check your fuses.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In this day and age customer service can make or break a business. IMO, they should at least make an effort to see what the problem is!

Yeah, it's probably just a blown fuse.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Daniel,

I told you that you never should have driven it off of the lot. You should have brought it to the service managers attention and when he tried to pull the its not our fault it was pry doing it when it came in you should have asked why the service writer did not note it upon his inspection of the car when you dropped it off.

Selmen sucks and is notorious for ******* **** up, you should have at least let me know that when we were talking about what you needed to do to your car to get it back in good shape.

I hope this **** works out for you man, sounds like its going to be ******* expensive.

Before you go buying parts and **** let me know what you need, between work and my car I can pry take care of you
Old 10-25-2011, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

does your charging gauge work? I swear to **** i had this same problem in my car one time when i tore the dash apart and I popped a fuse and didnt have a connector pushed all the way in.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ya no way in hell I would have left the lot without speaking to the manager. If they didnt make a note of it when you brought the car in that means it didnt exist when you brought the car in. I think they should atleast try and figure out what happened if its some problem that they had no control over fine but if not they need to fix it
Old 10-25-2011, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

Just got an update (he is a good personal friend)

Because he is a total noob he stalled (hahaha sorry i had to man) and when he restarted it everything was back to normal lol