General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Oil Leak after new clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak after new clutch

I just put in a monster stage 2 clutch with a new pilot bearing. Now in between the engine and the bell housing a fair amount of oil is leaking out of it. Did I break the rear seal. I used a "Blind hole puller" to get the old pilot bearing out.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:00 AM
Teching In

Are you sure it is engine oil? Did you replace the slave while you were in there? Our slave cylinders are leakers, sometimes even fairly new ones, especially if it has been shimmed incorrectly. Once the clutch fluid mixes with clutch dust, it looks much like engine oil and leaks from the engine/transmission bell housing joint.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSPoncho
Are you sure it is engine oil? Did you replace the slave while you were in there? Our slave cylinders are leakers, sometimes even fairly new ones, especially if it has been shimmed incorrectly. Once the clutch fluid mixes with clutch dust, it looks much like engine oil and leaks from the engine/transmission bell housing joint.
I did put a new slave in but the fluid level has not gone down and the oil level is down. There is a good amount of oil on the gorund
Old 10-23-2012, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Did you ever figure out what the problem was with this? I have the same situation going on....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...h-install.html

Quick Reply: Oil Leak after new clutch