General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Upgrades for running cooler motor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 12:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LT1 radiator (the thick core, not a skinny core mis-marketed)
is a good upgrade. Full time low speed fans, and high speed
coming on two degrees above low-speed rolling observed ECT
is good. Cleaning your condenser and radiator every spring
is really good.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Looks like that might be pretty nice. I'd get one if it fits perfectly with all the factory stuff. When will you install it? Let us know how it goes.

Did you read the warranty......Lifetime year.......((what does that mean though...?))

All of our radiators carry a lifetime year warranty against defects. We will replace your radiator within this time frame for any leaks caused by defects.

It's supposed to be a direct fit, I ordered it because I got some good feedback on it from a local fbody guy that said it fit just fine and has performed great on his ride. It should arrive this coming week so I should have it on by next Saturday.

Warranty is simply a year, don't know why they use the word "lifetime" in there though!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
LT1 radiator (the thick core, not a skinny core mis-marketed)
is a good upgrade. Full time low speed fans, and high speed
coming on two degrees above low-speed rolling observed ECT
is good. Cleaning your condenser and radiator every spring
is really good.
How can that be achieved with the fans? Is it through HPtuners or by installing some kind of switch for them?
Old 06-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by conde'strans
It's supposed to be a direct fit, I ordered it because I got some good feedback on it from a local fbody guy that said it fit just fine and has performed great on his ride. It should arrive this coming week so I should have it on by next Saturday.

Warranty is simply a year, don't know why they use the word "lifetime" in there though!
Ok cool. Please let me know through PM how the install went. and how it all looks once installed. I'll get one if you tell me good news.....

And of course, I hope I hear that your temps are the same or a little less...overall.

I would just like to have an all metal radiator.....and at least the same temps. If it runs cooler that will be a bonus.

Thanks.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by conde'strans
That looks and sounds like it may be a great deal (I wish I would have seen that one before installing the LT1 Vista Pro Ready Rad), but there is NO WAY it is not made in China for that price.
It still may be just as good as (or BETTER THAN) the Mexican made almost everything else in the radiator aftermarket though.

Good luck with it, and yes, post the results.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards

I have to disagree with this, the thermostats job is not to hold water in the radiator for cooling but to hold water in the block till it reaches the "operating temp" and then allow cooling by allowing flow into the radiator.

this can be clearly proven by running without a thermostat for a day or 2, it will take FAR longer to heat of (if it ever reaches temp), but will not run hot unless there is something else wrong with the system.

This is based on my personal experience over the last week and a half, I'm in the process of cleaning all the dex-cool sludge from my long ignored cooling system and to make the almost daily flushing/back-flushing routine go quicker I have been running without a thermostat for over a week now, today is a very cool day (around 50* Fahrenheit outside) and after the 25 minute drive to work I was sitting at or below the 1/4 mark on the gauge (so about 150*), I have to sit still for a few minutes after driving to allow it to heat up higher, but it will reach the normal (just a little below the 210 mark) on the 70-85* days, but not once has it even touched the 210 mark.
Sorry but ls6427 is right and you are too.

Quick Reply: Upgrades for running cooler motor?