Power seat question - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power seat question

Old 01-14-2019, 02:54 AM
Launching!

Default Power seat question

My drivers seat will only go forward/back for a couple seconds then stop, no sounds or anything. Then it's dead for a while then it'll do the same thing. Been doing this for a while now and I can't figure it out. Tried swapping the breakers but it didn't help. Any ideas?
Old 01-14-2019, 06:32 AM
Save the manuals!

Maybe both are bad? They certainly have some years on them. I'd try buying a new one and see how it performs.

If you get the same thing with a new breaker, I'd measure the amperage/draw from the seat and see if it's genuinely drawing too much power.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If the track is full of crap or the slides are broken it can put a strain on the motor and cause it to overheat and cut out. I'd start by cleaning the tracks and making sure nothing is binding and replace the breakers while you're there. Like previously mentioned, they're pretty old so you may as well.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

I have the same issue and the front of my seat will go up but not down. I'm going to order a new switch and see if that helps. They're about $80 on Gm Parts direct. It;s just so difficult getting your hand under the seat to check for anything, or even unbolt the seat. I hope it's the switch.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aggiebutter View Post
I have the same issue and the front of my seat will go up but not down. I'm going to order a new switch and see if that helps. They're about $80 on Gm Parts direct. It;s just so difficult getting your hand under the seat to check for anything, or even unbolt the seat. I hope it's the switch.
You can open up your switch and clean the contacts to get it working again. The only tricky part is putting it together without the contacts falling out. All you need is a small flathead screwdriver to open the tabs and some fine sandpaper or even just a scrubbing pad from the kitchen to clean the dark spots off the contacts.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:19 AM
Launching!

Gonna try a new breaker in the morning. If that doesn't work then I'll check/clean/regrease the tracks. Thanks

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: