General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Almost wish I still had my mustang!! (spark plug wires)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost wish I still had my mustang!!

OK, I attempted, key word there "attempted" to change my spark plug wires. My car just rolled over 100,000 miles, so while I had it up on my lift I decided to change the wires since I was already doing the plugs for nitrous. Yeah, that was a big joke, I got 3 of the wires on the driver side changed and then saw the 4th wire. OK, why in the hell did they route this wire under the manifold??? The only way I can see to change it, is by taking off the manifolds. I guess I will just have to wait until I put my headers on before I put the wires on. My mustang was sooo much more easier to work on. I could change plugs and wires in half and hour. Everything was open in the engine bay, my nitrous kit on my mustang took me 1/2 a day. So far my kit on the Bird is in its 3rd week. Mainly because I'm taking my time and have had some other draw backs, but still. I just wish I still had my mustang.

WAIT, the Bird is faster, a smoother ride, a quieter ride, lovely on the highway, and looks 10 times better than the stang did. I retract my previous statement. I love my car and am glad I got rid of the stang!!! (Although space under the hood could use some improvement)
Old 02-18-2005, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

LEAVE YOU BASTARD

Actually my next car is going to be a Cobra. Probably a 96-98. I am not getting rid of EITHER of my LT1s though
Old 02-18-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Yea, but you'll spend a whole lot more $$ to keep up with an LT1...hahahahahaha
Buying more parts means just as much time putting them on.
GOD I love my Impala SS...all the room in the world..sort of. Pass. side wires on that SUCK!!!
Old 02-18-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok...so mustangs are easier to work on
the drawback? they're still a ford mustang
hah
Old 02-18-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

You need an LS1 dude, I worked on my buddies 383 LT1 and it was horrible, he has headers and crap too, still a PIA! My LS1 takes 20 mins to change the plugs and wires
Old 02-18-2005, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SAPPER
Yea, but you'll spend a whole lot more $$ to keep up with an LT1...hahahahahaha
Buying more parts means just as much time putting them on.
GOD I love my Impala SS...all the room in the world..sort of. Pass. side wires on that SUCK!!!

I most likely will not mod it when I get one. You can pick them up pretty cheap and I just love the sound of the DOHC stangs. Plus they are very collectible. I'll leave the real *** stomping for my LT1s
Old 02-18-2005, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

I have changed the wires / plugs on my car (from underneath which helps on factory manifolds). The #2 spark plug (front plug on the passenger side) was the worst!! Just invest in plenty of vaseline and bandaids to coat all the cuts and scrapes you will get on your hands . Headers help since you can get to the plugs from the top. Good luck!
Old 02-18-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Mechanix fast fit gloves...$12.95. does wonders for saving skin...LOL
Old 02-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Launching!

had a friend do my plugs as payment for a small loan and he took the alternator out to get the pass side ones and he was done in like 45 minutes
Old 02-19-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

The Plugs Werent The Hard Part, Well Wait, Yeah They Were Hard But Not That Bad. The Wires Are What Im Pissed About. I Guess Thats Just More Of A Reason To Get My Headers Sooner, So I Can Change My Plug Wires!!! Lol Ya Im Sure My Dad Would See That As A Good Reason To Get Headers Lol.

Dont Get Me Wrong I Love My Firebird. The Stang Was Awesome Too Just Because Of The Huge Parts Market They Have. But, Like Stated Before, It Would Take A Lot Of Money To Get Me Where I Need To Go. I Like The Bird Because After I Make It Fast, It Will Still Be Pretty Streetable. I Built A 5.0 With A 331 Stroker And Yeah It Was Fast But Its Not By Any Means Streetable. I Just Love The Bird!!!!