General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window bracket part number?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window bracket part number?

I noticed my window making a banging noise when I would close it with the window down and I had a feeling it was one of the brackets. Just took off the door panel right now and sure enough, one of the little brackets that hold the window in place (guides I guess) is broken and scratched my tint. I need new tint on both sides anyways. My question is, does anyone have a part number for these things? They are bolted onto the top of the door with one 10mm bolt, and they have a soft/fluffy material where it touches the window.

I have the broken one off, but I really doubt the monkeys at thedealer parts department would find it even with that.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Krab
I noticed my window making a banging noise when I would close it with the window down and I had a feeling it was one of the brackets. Just took off the door panel right now and sure enough, one of the little brackets that hold the window in place (guides I guess) is broken and scratched my tint. I need new tint on both sides anyways. My question is, does anyone have a part number for these things? They are bolted onto the top of the door with one 10mm bolt, and they have a soft/fluffy material where it touches the window.

I have the broken one off, but I really doubt the monkeys at thedealer parts department would find it even with that.
I'm not sure exactly what part you need so here is the parts diagram showing the door hardware. Let me know which number is the one you need and I'll get you the part number. (Also, include model and year of your car.)

Old 03-08-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah right, that diagram is too small. Anyway, Krab, that is pretty common. I broke 2 of them last week. The dealer peons should be able to figure it out. Mine were $4 each.

Just take the broken one to the dealer with you.

Andy
Old 03-08-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by snketr
Yeah right, that diagram is too small. Anyway, Krab, that is pretty common. I broke 2 of them last week. The dealer peons should be able to figure it out. Mine were $4 each.

Just take the broken one to the dealer with you.

Andy
So you say. I have tried describing the window guide part or whatever is the correct name to the dealer parts people and I have yet to get a replacement. If you know the correct name or part number please post info.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:26 AM
12 Second Club

DUDE i have the same problem, whn i got my car one of them was broken, and my tinit on the driver side is hardcore mest up now. i guess the dealer should have them..
Old 03-09-2005, 02:36 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the help guys. For those that want to know, it's the part labeled 61 in the diagram above. Part number is 10257988. Paid $14.64 including tax just for one! Fawk! I seriously hate the dealer and their overpriced ****. If I didn't need that part right away, I would have gone to a damn junkyard and bought all four off a wrecked V6. Thanks again!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

one of mine was broken as well, those little dudes must be put under alot of stress.

that and you get the people who shut the door by pushin on the glass...
Old 03-09-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badhoopty
that and you get the people who shut the door by pushin on the glass...

Ding ding ding.... the sound of you hitting the nail on the head. That's what does it.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Awesome, I too have the same problem.. F'ed up my tint and window also.. Hoping I can fix the nick and re-tint once I replace this part.. gmpartsdirect.com has them for about the same price shipped..
Old 03-13-2005, 02:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Krab
Thanks for the help guys. For those that want to know, it's the part labeled 61 in the diagram above. Part number is 10257988. Paid $14.64 including tax just for one! Fawk! I seriously hate the dealer and their overpriced ****. If I didn't need that part right away, I would have gone to a damn junkyard and bought all four off a wrecked V6. Thanks again!

Glad you got it fixed. Sorry you got ripped off by the stealership though.