General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Got the car scanned at GM today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got the car scanned at GM today...

Those ************* charged me $81 to scan the ABS light, and said that the that there was short in the BCM and it would be 950 dollars to fix.

So I said....
Old 03-31-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

What a f'in joke. GM mechanics suck my grandmas ballsac. I've never had any good experiences with ANY domestic manufacturer's shop. Ford, GM, or Dodge. THEy always overprice the **** and usually don't even fix the right problem. And theres always somethin else wrong when you get it back. Screw em, good call.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice response to them Shane..
Old 03-31-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by enisguy

Nice response to them Shane..
Haha, I'm still pissed about the whole thing Jon...

The reciept says that they found a Code 57 in system check....What code is that?
Old 03-31-2005, 06:28 PM
12 Second Club

Only good experience i've had with GM dealership is for parts. I needed to replace a valve cover gasket that day, went there, gave em my vin, they looked it up and had it for me in like 30 seconds. Other than the $35 i paid for it, was a good experience
Old 03-31-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Regular

I didn't see anything for a '57' code in OBD1 ? I hate to say it but that dealer sounds like crap!!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 95zpro
I didn't see anything for a '57' code in OBD1 ? I hate to say it but that dealer sounds like crap!!!!
Thanks man, I've been looking around too and haven't found anything involving a '57' code.

I will be paying those son of a bitches a visit tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they charge you their hourly charge at a minimum of 1hr. standard deal for all service shops for a few mins work. makes you think twice about bothering them with trivial crap.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Im guessing you already checked the underhood fuse (or box, whatever the hell it is)? Thats all mine was, just pulled out the box, and put one from a different car on and the light went away.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Hey,you guys ever stop to think about how much that dealer had to pay for that scan tool they hooked up to your car?$3000+, plus yearly updates,etc..... and its not like the dealer gets to choose if they buy it or not.Its forced on them,and the money is automatically taken out of there account.$80 dollars is a high price to pay,but how else are they gonna pay for the damn thing.Dealerships are high price....they should be...they should have the best training,tools,and equipment.Or atleast there supposed to...stop and think about how much money they put into there mechanics.....School reimbursement,continues training crap,christmas bonus checks,all kinds a crap and someone has to pay for it and it damn sure aint thr owner!!
Old 04-01-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wordski
Hey,you guys ever stop to think about how much that dealer had to pay for that scan tool they hooked up to your car?$3000+, plus yearly updates,etc..... and its not like the dealer gets to choose if they buy it or not.Its forced on them,and the money is automatically taken out of there account.$80 dollars is a high price to pay,but how else are they gonna pay for the damn thing.Dealerships are high price....they should be...they should have the best training,tools,and equipment.Or atleast there supposed to...stop and think about how much money they put into there mechanics.....School reimbursement,continues training crap,christmas bonus checks,all kinds a crap and someone has to pay for it and it damn sure aint thr owner!!
So we should be fucked over and ripped off because of it?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wordski
The scan tool is only 1 aspect of the repair business that a dealership runs. Look at it this way, they scan your car, figure out whats wrong with it, don't charge you, or maybe charge you like $10. The repair costs you $500, of which $150 is parts, the rest is labour. They just made themselves some money. Instead they just drove a customer away, pissed off, never to return because they wanted to make some quick cash, and not think about the long run.

Maybe if that doesnt make any sense, ever buy Coca-Cola ( or any other brand for that matter ) on sale at your local grocery store? I will guarantee you that the store is not making a single penny of that, they will be loosing money. They are selling this product to you at a loss, in hopes that you will shop in their store since you are allready there, and make them their profit. Same idea here.

Plus, they only need to charge about 40 people for a scan to pay for the tool. Maybe dealerships should work like autozone and scan for free
Old 04-01-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by enisguy
So we should be fucked over and ripped off because of it?
They bent me over and said take it you little bitch...
Originally Posted by Brent95z
The scan tool is only 1 aspect of the repair business that a dealership runs. Look at it this way, they scan your car, figure out whats wrong with it, don't charge you, or maybe charge you like $10. The repair costs you $500, of which $150 is parts, the rest is labour. They just made themselves some money. Instead they just drove a customer away, pissed off, never to return because they wanted to make some quick cash, and not think about the long run.
Exactly...
Old 04-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Teching In

I never said I agreed with their practices....i just tried to shed some light on maybe why they did it that way
Old 04-02-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah autozone and murrays scan for free so that you will buy the replacement part from them and people usually do I think thats a much better idea