General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

mangled in an accident - can it be fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mangled in an accident - can it be fixed?

Today I just got in an accident in my T/A my car spun out and I nailed a 6" high median and pushed my WHOLE REAR-END towards the driverside. I know I need a rear-end for sure and two 16" twisted 5-spoke firebird wheels. I am strapped for cash but when I get money situated in a couple weeks I'm gonna be lookin 2 buy parts. But my main concern is that I may have twisted the whole rear because the pass-side inner fender-well has a large crack running down where it split and my trunk lid doesn't shut right not to mention it almost on the rear 1/4. I would like to post pictures here if someone could help me? please pm me. Becasue my other concern involves the rear-panhard the mounting braket on the passside is MANGALED and i dont believe it can be revived since it is one with the body, or could it be revived? Please I need help from some good ole boys or gals

Last edited by SmokinHot98; 08-06-2005 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:44 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can upload your photos at http://www.imageshack.us/ and post thumbnail links to them here.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

thanx for the link im posting pics now. I was wrong about the rear-end but I do nee PS axel, Panhard, Lower control arms, rotor, get my panhard mounting bracket fixed, and 2 16" Twisted 5 spoke wheels. But still my major concern is that I may have twisted my rear-end abit. I gotta go talk 2 a guy so he can come check it out.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

have it put on a frame rack and squared, good time for a new phr and lcas anyway get some umi or whatever.

J
Old 08-08-2005, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I ran up a small bank a few months back and my car looked fien except the fact the hood wouldnt close and the front bumper cover was all fucked up. Anyways it ended up my frame was bent so ur could be and if it is your looking at a huge price to have it fixed so dont be alarmed if it costs u a ton to fix ur car. Its so easy to tweak the car since its a uni-body and thats why its so expensive to fix. Mine was $4500 and it looked like nothing really happened.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

i hope not but ill c. I could be from when I bent my axle and the wheel spushed the inner fenderwell in and 1/4 panel. But my trunk doesnt shut like it used to and the gap on the DS is bigger than on PS. Thanks for the input
Old 08-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Launching!

My first was like that, whole rear got cocked over to the passanger side. It was 2000 for the frame work, and in the end you could see the gap on the hatch did not line up right (but the doors did close fine and looked good), and i messed with it for a long time. It wasn't worth it for me because one year later I was the one doing the wrecking. Ouch.
Didn't get it fixed again.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it on the frame rack. The bodyman will say something when you take it in for an estimate. Get a few estimates. I had one shop tell me $1000 to pull the front rails on my '02, because they would have to pull the engine. The place I had do it charged $600, lest the engine in and had to buy a $90 pannel for the car. Quarters arent that hard to put on. My '99 needed a quarter and rocker pannel when I got it. That was about $350. Your whole rear is shifted, so you will be paying a little more. If you can take some of the parts off yourself, like the rear bumper,it will help with the price too. Just ask the shop what they need off the car to pull it.