General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

How To Seafoam Your Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had good results on my 02 camaro so i decided to use it on my 85 TA only in the gas tank......since it was sputtering,backfiring and had lost power......a few days after i was amazed the backfiring is pretty much gone the car accelerates smoothly and i regained some lost power. This stuff works!!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
'IF IT WON'T TURN OVER' If it won't turn over it's ******* hydrolocked you dumb ****. LIQUID IS NOT COMPRESSABLE, WATER, OIL, SEAFOAM, GASOLINE, NONE ARE COMPRESSABLE.

ANY LIQUID INCLUDING SEAFOAM CAN HYDROLOCK AN ENGINE IF NOT USED PROPERLY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrolock
http://www.flamingfords.info/xLeakGlossary.html
GET IT? HYDRO AS IN HYDRUALIC, SAME AS A OIL FILLED HYDRUALIC CYLINDER THAT CAN LIFT SEVERAL THOUSAND POUNDS BECAUSE IT'S NOT COMPRESSABLE.
GO TRY AND SEAFOAM YOUR CAR BUT USE WATER INSTEAD, IT'S NOT GOING HYDROLOCK UNLESS YOU USE TOO MUCH WHICH IS MY POINT. TOO MUCH OF ANY LIQUID WILL HYDROLOCK AN ENGINE, TRUE OR NOT?
DO US A FAVOR, USE YOUR HEAD AND THINK ABOUT IT.
your a ******* idiot, seafoam will compress, and if it doesnt or the motor doesnt have the power to compress it, it will simply ignite and exit the cylinder as a gas. your not going to hydrolock the motor with a seafoam treatment. you sir, suck at life and should find the nearest closet and hang yourself in it.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

thats not what happens idiot, there will never be enough seafoam sitting in any of the cylinders to cause any sort of damage whatsoever. your only putting a fraction of an ounce in at the point where you are supposed to stall it and the majority of that is consumed before the engine stalls.

god forbid your daddy used the magic oil of the 80's which may as well be the equivelent of goat jizz compared to present day stuff. it spun a bearing on one instance. thats coincidence, you have no proof it was the seafoam that caused it, so dont try to use it against it.

dont come on here making stupid claims when you have no idea what your talking about. seafoam will not harm your engine if used properly. it will only help it.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

What are the personal remarks about?
everything in this thread and everyone ive talked to otherwise have nothing but good to say about it.

looks like your out numbered, have a nice day. take your bullshit elsewhere.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:47 PM
eas

Whats your opinions on the "Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant & Injector Cleaner"
Old 02-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Write ups, write ups, write ups, then one day you step into the real world.
Yea, the "real world." Because I haven't Seafoamed a car before, right?

Maybe you should step into the real world. How many motors have you destroyed from stalling out an engine with Seafoam?

I know the answer to that already: none. So, before you spout off, maybe you should actually find a real world example of something going wrong. Nothing is going to happen because when you stop your car, there's fuel in the cylinders ANYWAY.

Cars are made to start and stop with fuel in the cylinders. Seafoam is petroleum. It's the same stuff oil and gas made out of. Maybe you should try living in the "real world" instead of creating insane hypothetical scenarios that won't happen.
'IF IT WON'T TURN OVER' If it won't turn over it's ******* hydrolocked you dumb ****. LIQUID IS NOT COMPRESSABLE, WATER, OIL, SEAFOAM, GASOLINE, NONE ARE COMPRESSABLE.
Your cylinders are flooded you dumb ****. That's the idea: to clean out the carbon deposits by leaving some Seafoam in the cylinders.

Grow up. What are you, 14? Come back when you know what you're talking about.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eas
Whats your opinions on the "Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant & Injector Cleaner"
same **** as the chevron fuel injector cleaner and anything you put into the gas tank to clean injectors.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just love getting the kiddies all riled up
like soaking dishes in the dishwater
bww3588 > > ChocoTaco
So, I'll ask you the question again: how many motors have you blown up by stalling them out with Seafoam?

Make the "kiddies" comment all you want. You're the one acting like a 12 year old.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Is this 8a8mfh clown serious?

GTFO troll, you're going in circles, talking out of your *** and nobody gives a damn what you say.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

I own a '95 Mitsubishi Galant as my daily driver that I really wanted to try seafoam on. The car has 162k on it and never gave me any problems up until recently. Now I am just having idling problems. It will idle at around 500 and then dip and sometimes stall when I am in neutral or have the clutch pressed in.

Do you think Seafoaming would help this problem? The car is a beater, so I really have nothing to lose.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

bww3588 > > ChocoTaco

Old 02-19-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bww3588 > > ChocoTaco

go to ANY top mechanic shop that do engine flushes and restoration. they use the same thing as seafoam. only difference is they hook the engine to their own pumps and cycle it through.

maybe your the only one who only looks at the smoke? or mabe your dumba$$ father just had no clue what he was doing. its very evident its hereditary.

oh and sense you wanted to quote Wiki ...

In automotive terminology, a hydrolock (short for hydraulic lock) is the immobilization of an engine's pistons by a liquid >>>>(usually water, hence the prefix "hydro-")<<<<<<<<<<

Hydro= WATER.. H20.

another quote out of Wiki

From WIKI
"Some people have stated they think Seafoam can Hydro lock their motors. Used correctly this cannot happen. When drawn through an intake vacuum hose into the intake, and dispersed with air amongst all the cylinders, there will not be enough liquid in any one cylinder to cause enough incompressibility."

mabe you can hydrolock a engine with it. but then again. you probly struggle to go each day without forgetting to breathe.

8a8mfh. you. son as early as it is in the year. are given then "I'm a Tool of 2008" award.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
In automotive terminology, a hydrolock (short for hydraulic lock) is the immobilization of an engine's pistons by a liquid >>>>(usually water, hence the prefix "hydro-")<<<<<<<<<<
And heres the quote to the point I'm trying to make
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
The first time you try and start it, it probably won't turn over. Don't sit there grinding the starter, just try again.
PROBABLY won't turn over, list me a few reasons why your engine won't turn over after adding seafoam...

I'm basically writing whats been said already yet when I say be careful you don't hydrolock your engine I get **** for it. But the quote above says clear as day 'if your engine won't turn over' I guess keep trying ahh it's just hydrolocked.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

I just seafoamed my 1996 S10 Blazer DD. The poor 4.3L had 120K miles put on it by a grandma before I bought it. Needless to say it looked like someone put 10 fireworks smokebombs in my exhaust pipe while it was idling. I had to creep out of my neighborhood. The first time I went WOT I think the global temperature went up a degree or two. I deep creeped it also. The intake was covered in black sludge. It is idling smoother at a lower RPM. The valvetrain tap I had is gone and it seems to all around just run better. The douche bag claiming you can hydrolock your engine with it is just that, a douche. You would have to fit a lot into 1 cylinder to hydrolock an LS1 or even my 4.6. If you put the correct amount in a cup and follow the instructions hydrolock would be impossible. Your looking at a tablespoon in each cylinder at most. How the hell is that going to hydrolock? The engine stalls because it is flooded, not because it hydrolocked. As soon as I get my new intake on and fix the power steering the Formula is getting the same treatment. This is my first experience with seafoam and now I see why everyone praises it. Get off your high horse and do the math man. 5.7L/8=0.7125L per cylinder. When the piston is at TDC assuming flat tops your still looking at ~60cc. Thats 60ml. 60ml=2.02 fluid ounces. Assuming you used half a can for the top end cleaning, you would have to dump the entire last third into 1 cylinder to come close to hydrolocking it. I have worked on hydrolocked engines. It takes a lot more than the volume of the combustion chamber to hydrolock an engine.

Last edited by FMX05; 02-19-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FMX05
I just seafoamed my 1996 S10 Blazer DD. The poor 4.6L had 120K miles .
I'm a douchebag?
What engine does your '96 blazer have
I'll take douchebag over ******* IDIOT.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Banned

i dont understand how thats a come back
Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DBEST369
i dont understand how thats a come back
He thinks it is a comeback because I made a typo. It is a 4.3L, not a 4.6L. Apparently a typo makes you an idiot. **** happens, I had been typing some stuff about mustangs. Uh Oh Grammar police
Old 02-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Banned

lol o god .3 L is a big difference haha. but hey i'm thinkin bout those patriot heads, and i did want true duals but i seen so many ta's with that and they were also red, so i dont wanna be another follower so im thinkin about goin with really quiet and then flipping my switch and goin to REALLY loud haha
Old 02-20-2008, 01:52 AM
11 Second Club

I don't dislike my exhaust, but its ok. The previous owner dumped the GMMG catback (WHY!) for side exit true duals with slp high flow cats. Its not super loud because of the cats. And I don't particularly care for 3" ground clearance on the exhaust.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Amazing how 8a8mhf still wants to argue about these unheard of scenarios 2 years after this thread was started. After hundreds of guys have reported good results from using Seafoam, plain and simply like instructed, he still wants to hate on it.

This thread was an immediate sticky. Not only that, but the instructions are very clear and understandable to follow. How you could overfill the Seafoam to the point of hydrolock is beyond me.

Quick Reply: How To Seafoam Your Car