General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AutoTrix Product Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AutoTrix Product Review

Problem:
My passenger side window was always slower than my driver's side. It was so weak that I would have to open the door for the window to go all the way up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I came across AutoTrix I wanted to give it a try.

The directions were good, but they could have been more detailed. Also, I was expecting printed intructions, which is not the case. I'm not an expert on wiring so it was difficult for me. Took me about 4 hours one day and 4 hours the next day, so around 8 hours total. I got stuck the first day on the wiring in the door panel so I emailed AutoTrix. Within 10 minutes Jed called me and walked me through it, which made me very pleased. He said to let him now if I had any more problems.

When I first tested the kit both doors were open. The passenger side went up so fast it got stuck at the top somehow and I had to bump it with my hand to get it to go back down. Then it went back down fast. Then I closed my doors and tried it. The passenger side went up quite a bit faster than the driver's side!! I was impressed. This was with the car off and the doors closed. Before it wouldn't even go up all the way with the car on and the doors closed.

Overall I'm happy I bought the kit. The only downfall is it took me a long time, but I'm only 17 and don't have much exprience working on cars. I would recommed this kit for anyone having simular problems as me with thier passenger side window.

-Nick
Old 02-11-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the review. This board is so big I miss these posts sometimes. Sorry for the late appreciation

Thank you for your order!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

No problem man. I really liked the kit, it was well worth it.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 02-18-2007, 05:49 AM
On The Tree

Yeah i really liked the kit too but it only took me about 40-45 minutes.
-Ivan
Old 02-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Nice!
Old 02-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

To The Top!
Old 02-25-2007, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my kit in the mail yesterday. After reading the directions & diagram, it looks easy enough. I already have the pass express down mod in, si most of these wires tap into the same.

I wont be able to get the fix installed tho until next month after our weather starts to warm up!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

I had a good transaction with Autotrix as well. I had an old address on my paypal and it would have been sent to the wrong house and in care of god knows who, but he was very willing to send it to my current address.

As for the instructions, I only got hung up on the wiring for a little while, but that is because I'm a newbie when it comes to wiring.

My results are also great, one of my favorite mods so far. Don't have to worry about the passenger window anymore.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thank you for the feedback guys. We appreciate your business and we do everything we can to prove it!