General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Quick seafoam question

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick seafoam question

When you add seafoam to your oil and gas tank. Does it smoke from that? And do you have to run that through right away. Or can you not waste the gas and spread it out in daily driving over like a week?
Old 08-17-2008, 01:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

you have to change your oil about 100 miles or 1 hour of runtime after the seafoam is added.
put it in the gas on a full tank and run till your dummy light comes on... it's fine to spread that over DD'ing the car... however long it takes in the gas doesn't change anything.

no, it doesn't smoke from oil/gas treatment.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:53 AM
On The Tree

When you add it to the oil and gas it shouldn't smoke. Mine hadn't ever been seafoamed and the first time I did it, it looked like a freakin rocket was attached to the back of my car!! It smoked like crazy, but that was because of the top end treatment. I noticed a seat of the pants increase. My fuel filter also got cloged because all the crap in the tank and the fuel lines turned loose.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

yeah i think mines gonna get the fire department over where ever I am. It should be pretty cool. Im gonna wait a while though until I need an oil change.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

When I did the top engine treatment I has hoping that it would smoke like crazy, but it didn't. I was only lucky to get a 3 second smoke trail when I took it out on the raod. Damn you Seafoam..............
Old 08-17-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by z28matt
When you add seafoam to your oil and gas tank. Does it smoke from that? And do you have to run that through right away. Or can you not waste the gas and spread it out in daily driving over like a week?
Do not leave it in the oil very long. 100 miles or a couple hours of driving and then change out to new oil.

Seafoam in the gas is just like any other gas treatment. Add it to a full tank, and it's best to run the tank low before adding new gas again because that will just dilute out the Seafoam. But it doesn't matter how long it takes to run out that tank of gas.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

so then do i need to drive about 100 miles with my oil. Or can i just go like 40 miles and change it
Old 08-18-2008, 02:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

you could do 40... but if it can only be 40... make them count. lol. drive the ***** off your car.

the more the oil flows with the seafoam in it... the more gunk it'll clean out.