General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help. loss of power.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help. loss of power.

i posted it in the newbie tech. I wasn't getting the answers i need or not enough comments...Ill try my luck here if its ok.

Car Losing power at 4k rpm.
My car is Losing massive amount of go on 2nd, 3rd 4th gear on 4k rpm WOT. Its running like **** racing it. I deleted the codes after replacing a o2 sensor reading bad connectivity , also it is running lean on bank 2 and bank 1...but im waiting if it will throw the service light on. . Heres what i put in the car already.

NGK Spark plugs about 6,000 miles on them.
1 before the catalytic bosch o2 sensor about 10 miles
1 before the catalytic bosch 02 sensor about 15 miles today.
1 Fuel filter about 50 miles on it.
Changed to a brand new fuel pump
Took off the Rear mufflers to see if it got clogged in the chambers.
Cleaned maf sensor.
bbk 85 mm Throttle body is almost new , so is the bbk 85mm intake manifold.

Seafoamed it with barely any smoke coming out of it reading that write up on here and followed every detail.
Descreened maf. (Im pretty sure it would throw a code?)
Theres Gutted cats. So it cant be clogged.
Ls7 clutch with about 5k miles on it including flywheel.
Wires im pretty sure the previous owner changed, they are msd wires.

it runs beautiful driving normal. please help./
Old 09-19-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Imo, i would never asssume someone replaced something without seeing someone replace it or i replace it myself. Only think i can think of is check the spark plugs make sure there not lose as well as the plug cables. I would also just go over the engine looking to see that every wire is connected. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98boxer
Imo, i would never asssume someone replaced something without seeing someone replace it or i replace it myself. Only think i can think of is check the spark plugs make sure there not lose as well as the plug cables. I would also just go over the engine looking to see that every wire is connected. Good luck.
yea i will do the spark plug wires when i get more $$$ .Can it be the fuel regulator by any chance? feels like its not getting much fuel after that rpm or such.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by justablur1
yea i will do the spark plug wires when i get more $$$ .Can it be the fuel regulator by any chance? feels like its not getting much fuel after that rpm or such.
I bought some wires from pep boys for 35 bucks, low on bucks but needed the plugs, they work good.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Launching!

I had this exact same problem. Turned out to be one burnt plugwire. It ran fine unill it was under a load then felt like it was running out of gas.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

either plugs or wires
Old 09-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some how i found out i had a cracked #4 plug when i replaced them not to long ago. symptoms were idling rough and hesitation when i get on the throttle, it also took longer to reach rpms. and at the same time i had also installed a new bank 1 sensor 1 o2 because of a code and later to only find out the one i had installed was a defected one that had made the car run rich and ruined my new spark plugs and killed my drivers cat. so o2 it is likely to get a defective o2 or to get a cracked plug, u should check them make sure there fine
Old 09-21-2008, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ae13291
some how i found out i had a cracked #4 plug when i replaced them not to long ago. symptoms were idling rough and hesitation when i get on the throttle, it also took longer to reach rpms. and at the same time i had also installed a new bank 1 sensor 1 o2 because of a code and later to only find out the one i had installed was a defected one that had made the car run rich and ruined my new spark plugs and killed my drivers cat. so o2 it is likely to get a defective o2 or to get a cracked plug, u should check them make sure there fine
so i should check for cracks on the plugs?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

I'd bet it's a bad plug wire.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Get a fuel pressure gauge on it too to see where your fuel pressure is sitting. You may be right the fuel pump may be going out and starving your motor of fuel and making it run lean. If your not getting a complete burn you should be running rich not lean. How did you measure the mixture out of curiosity?