Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ssra vs ftra vs jaam?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
Your choice really boils down to whether or not you want to make your WS6 hood truly function. If you do, then go with the JAAM kit that we sell. It will remove the baffles, seal the hood to the intake and make the lower nostrils functional as well.

If you don't mind the hood just being cosmetic, go with the FTRA. It grabs air from a high pressure spot under the vehicle and routes it to a sealed airbox. The hood will still have it's opening but that incoming air will just serve to cool the engine bay.

You can't go wrong with either kit. They both will provide a noticeable improvement in performance.

hey that is what i said
Old 10-21-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by foreverzero
I have the FTRA and I love it. Should I block off my opening on my air box from the SS's hood since I have the FTRA? If I need to seal it what should I use?
If you click the link in my sig, my vid will load up. I poped the hood and you can see that the front of my airbox is sealed up. You will also want to seal your lid all around the primeter, as well as under neath the lower air box where it sits on the radiator support.

Once you have it all sealed off, it will be pressurized. You will take full advantage of the FTRA!!!!
Old 04-28-2016, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking at doing one of these mods or both?? could i do the FTRA and JAMM or would it not be worth it? i have a 99 ws6 with a SLP lid
Old 04-29-2016, 02:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcmacsten
looking at doing one of these mods or both?? could i do the FTRA and JAMM or would it not be worth it? i have a 99 ws6 with a SLP lid
Better to just do one as any air pressure one builds over the other will just result in air escaping. I would suggest the JAAM kit to make your hood functional like it should have been from the factory.

Quick Reply: ssra vs ftra vs jaam?