Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Cutout Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust Cutout Question

Hello people...Im getting ready to order my 2nd exhaust cutout.Mods in sig. I figured Id go w/ a manual because my electric cutout thats on there now is ALWAYS open anyway, if I want to go qiueter I can always close the electric one.
Question........Will a 2nd cutout be able to be installed??I looked under the car and I dont see a place on the left side where a another cutout can go.Do any of you have 2 cutouts on your camaro or TA??
Old 12-31-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoegirl
Hello people...Im getting ready to order my 2nd exhaust cutout.Mods in sig. I figured Id go w/ a manual because my electric cutout thats on there now is ALWAYS open anyway, if I want to go qiueter I can always close the electric one.
Question........Will a 2nd cutout be able to be installed??I looked under the car and I dont see a place on the left side where a another cutout can go.Do any of you have 2 cutouts on your camaro or TA??
usually for dual cutout they are install onto the y pipe. Much like this pic. this is a QTP Y pipe

Old 12-31-2008, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

So a separate cutout can be installed right??? Im looking closely at the pic and towards the middle of the y-pipe are 2 cutouts on either side. Am I looking at this right??
Old 12-31-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zoegirl
So a separate cutout can be installed right??? Im looking closely at the pic and towards the middle of the y-pipe are 2 cutouts on either side. Am I looking at this right??
The 2 cut outs are on the top of the Y pipe where it is coming off the LTs. More than likely what you are going to have to do to run to cut outs is put them on your Y pipe like in the pic. That is the only way to run to cut outs
Old 12-31-2008, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Question

Ok, so if Im looking at the pic right Im able get another cutout and have it installed on the left side of the y-pipe right?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More that likely your cutout is past the merge in the "Y" and in the "I" pipe (see thread below for example). For your mods one is enough. IMO when you get well over the 450rwhp mark is when you need to start thinking about two cutouts.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...my-cutout.html

Last edited by ssgunny; 12-31-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Add link
Old 01-01-2009, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Question

I read the entire thread and my cutout is in the same place as yours, right under the passenger seat. Im gonna see if this thread gets any more feedback before I decide on a louder exhaust or a 2nd cutout.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

The only way you can fit another cut out on your car is if you put it in the same place as the pic that i posted
Old 01-01-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

I PMd you back
Old 01-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

The point of having two cutouts is to have them directly after the headers so that when they're open, it is like running open headers, but you don't have to live with the noise all of the time that open headers would give you.

If you already have one under your passenger seat, you are dumping the exhaust coming off both banks of the engine. It won't do you any good to install another one somewhere else...you'd need two more, one off of each header to get what you're after.