Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMPP waist of money or not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97ta383
If i use a ls6 cam and springs will i need to get new retainers or can i use the stock ones?
stock ones are okay with the ls6 springs. for the timing set you can get an ls2 chain, they are strong and cheap.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

were can i get a ls2 timing chain? i found the cam and springs on summit racing
Old 02-27-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

http://www.sdparts.com/product/12586...mingChain.aspx
Old 02-27-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

you use your stock timing gears.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet thanks for the info
Old 02-27-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well... the first of these DD cam threads that I posted to, I ended up going around with Lemons12 and his crew. lol After playing with a few cams, I am kinda leanin' towards what he told me. The GMPP cams are (dispite what everyone else says here) streetable. They are designed that way. GM designed thier cams to work in thier engines with minimal hassle and other mods. ..a compromise situation.
That said, I have found that the more I do to my car, the more I want to do to it. The increases in power are VERY addicting. (Now my differential is hatin' it) I agree with Lemons12 in that if I had it to do over, I'd probably just go to a nicely tuned MS3 or MS4 in a modded engine right off the bat.
But if you are SURE that you'll be content with the power that a Hot Cam or ASA will provide, then by all means, they aren't bad choices.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deuce_454
why??? whats wrong with a custom cam, or comp.... have you installed a single cam??? name of the shop doesnt magically add horsepower... are texas speed better than LG?? or is predarorZ and patrickG just rip off artists that stand in the shadow of the allmighty TSP?? give me a ******* break, if you dont know, dont reply.....

looking at your sig i dont see a cam anywhere... and you posted this in a diferent thread:

Wow that has to suck major donkey d_ck glad im just looking for a bolt on/cam car in the future

And i dont mean come off as an ******* but here i a slight hijack to explain why... i just had enough of every tom dick and harry posting like they knew everything, I asked a couple of questions on a combo i was byuing and people with 86 posts and an slp lid were telling me that is i didnt have a mamo ported Fast and an MS4 i would loose a gazillion horsepower... sorry to have stepped on toes, but i just had to vent.....
Your a ******* moron I was naming a place to look for a decent cam package I would prob get something from there they have decent priced kits and a nice amount of cams to chose from I didnt once say texas speed was better then patrickg or a custom cam so next time you want to go off ranting about **** go **** yourself instead Oh and just like you sorry about the rant guys ******