Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new edelbrock ls1 intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good lord.. who dug this old stuff up.

Like said above. Edelbrock has the carb, intake, spark box talked about above. They also have a single plane "Victor" intake that should be release soon. Both are great looking pieces. Edelbrock has full embraced the LS1, they had a heads, intakes, cams and headers on display at SEMA. Future looks good for the "new smallblock chevy"

and.. please, if you want to talk about mustangs, take it somewhere else.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John - it was me who 'dug it up'. Since I'm new here instead of posting about the intake, I ran a search first. This topic came up, and was exactly the info I was looking for. Hope I didn't PO anyone by doing so, but this board looks to me to be 'the' place for solid LS1 info, so hence the carb topic rehash.

Jason - thanks a heap for your responses, you pretty much nailed on the head what I was trying to say about the new Edelbrock LS1 kit and us carb guys. The only V8 game in town from GM nowadays is the LS engines, and they are such a superior piece to our old small blocks in every way, it will be tough for old-school rodders not to start swinging over to them in the future in increasing numbers. Once this swap becomes commonplace, there will no doubt be many carbed LS1 folks wandering on over here for some good LS1 build-up tips.

I have to admit - when reading about the 'cam-only' cars over here nailing down 10-second ET's, it tends to pique one's interest in the LS1 (to say the least). That and the fact magazines like Car Craft and Chevy High Performance are beginning to run several LS1 tech stories in each issue now, its pretty clear where the GM performance path is heading.

Old 11-10-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dirt Reynolds
John - it was me who 'dug it up'. Since I'm new here instead of posting about the intake, I ran a search first. This topic came up, and was exactly the info I was looking for. Hope I didn't PO anyone by doing so, but this board looks to me to be 'the' place for solid LS1 info, so hence the carb topic rehash.
No problem.. just hate the "my mustang did this" comparisons. Not your fault of course. Funny enough.. the LS1 was what brought me over to GM cars From mustangs
Old 11-11-2004, 01:59 AM
Teching In

I hear ya.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Hey guys
sorry to bring up an old topic.. im just wondering if anyone could explain to me the wiring side of how this works... I understand that special msd module drives your coils but looking at its harness it doesnt seem to have a connector for each coil (8) so how do the coils actually connect up to the module?? and im guessing it relies on an outside ignition source???
Old 04-22-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

cant we all just get along
Old 04-23-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedfreaks101
Yes. The intake port on a LS1/LS6 was designed to be dry flow/ direct injection. I am still curious as to what kind of power can be had from this intake. Edelbrock has long been my favorite caompany for replacement intakes and I wish that they had built one for the original design first then started looking at retro style setups, but I still interested.
Ive already seen a comparison and it made 1 more hp with the carb over the fuel injection.

Quick Reply: new edelbrock ls1 intake