Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to buy GM parts cheap??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default where to buy GM parts cheap??

Just wondering where the best place is to buy GM parts. A girl I know needs a new fuel pump for her 96 LT1 firebird but she wants GM only. The damn dealer wants 500 bucks for a pump. I'm guessing these parts can be found for alot cheaper some place.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gmpartsdirect.com has them for about half that.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll check them out. I may be mistaken but I thought I read some bad things about them on this forum like people having trouble getting their parts. You know anything about that?
Old 05-24-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been ordering parts from gmpartsdirect for years!
A+++ all the way.

Never had a problem getting the parts, you only have to wait for them to recieve the parts from GM then shipped to you. So if your in a pinch and need the part in a hurry, online is going to work out.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

gmpartsdirect does give some people problems. their shipping is pretty slow too. however, i don't have any major complaints with them as i have used them a few times. i believe you can get parts from partstaxi.com. i think that is the site. if you go look in the sponsor section you will see their name as they make posts here and there on this site.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

i will never order from gmpartsdirect.com again!! They told me they had everything in stock and would ship it out asap. That was the 11th, to this day I still dont have my parts, and it remains on order. You cant call them on the phone, its all through e-mail, what a joke!! I ended up trying to save a few dollars, but in the end got fucked. I Had to order all the parts over again from Scoggin Dickey Parts Center, and pay to have them next dayed, just so I could get my car done. Plus, gmpartsdirect.com shipping is a joke. They gouge so bad on shipping its rediculous. Mark, stay clear of them, Ide just order from Scoggin Dickey and be done with it. They are a little more expensive them gmcrapdirect.com but after there shipping, you really dont spend much more. Scoggin Dickey is the only way to go.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

i agree, scroggin dickey has great service. i only order from gm parts direct when i do not care when the parts come in. if i need anything within a couple weeks i would get it from scroggin dickey. i have never been screwed with gmpartsdirect but i have heard of a few people ordering wheels from them and the quality was poor. like he said, you can't call. prices are good, shipping is very expensive and slow and they are not as reliable as scroggin.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
i will never order from gmpartsdirect.com again!! They told me they had everything in stock and would ship it out asap. That was the 11th, to this day I still dont have my parts, and it remains on order. You cant call them on the phone, its all through e-mail, what a joke!! I ended up trying to save a few dollars, but in the end got fucked. I Had to order all the parts over again from Scoggin Dickey Parts Center, and pay to have them next dayed, just so I could get my car done. Plus, gmpartsdirect.com shipping is a joke. They gouge so bad on shipping its rediculous. Mark, stay clear of them, Ide just order from Scoggin Dickey and be done with it. They are a little more expensive them gmcrapdirect.com but after there shipping, you really dont spend much more. Scoggin Dickey is the only way to go.
hey Rodney that sucks to hear. I have heard of this problem before with them. I ended up getting the pump from Gene Cully at GMPartshouse.com. With shipping it was only about 35 bucks higher than GM parts direct and Gene is a true stand up guy.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/?siteid=214152

Old 05-25-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

... You cant call them on the phone,...
Sure you can, take you all of a 2 minute net search, everything you need to find them is found at the very top and again at the very bottom of their web page.

They are out of NC.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have ordered ac delco parts on amazon.com.Pretty good prices and no complaints.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:32 AM
On The Tree

What kind of employee discounts to GM people get anyway, and how do those prices compare to the sites listed?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Weezzer
Sure you can, take you all of a 2 minute net search, everything you need to find them is found at the very top and again at the very bottom of their web page.

They are out of NC.
this is funny. I searched for it, make sure you look closelly. A GM dealer pops up, but its not gmpartsdirect. It even says on there website under the FAQ that they DO NOT DO PHONE SALES. It is all done through e-mail. Scope it out, or better yet here yah go:

Quoted from there website:
To keep our prices as low as possible WE DO NOT CORRESPOND BY PHONE or offer phone ordering services.

All correspondence through our firm is by email only so we can document all transactions and conversations.

We will be able to help you in every way by email at Email Customer Service or CustomerService@GmPartsDirect.com.

THE FLOW PARTS DEPARTMENT IS A SEPERATE ENTITY. THEIR COUNTERMEN ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE PART NUMBERS OVER THE PHONE! PERIOD! WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU CALL IN TO THE DEALER AND OBTAIN ANY PART NUMBERS OR INCORRECT INFORMATION!

Please note all correspondence is required by email for accurate records and future training purposes. We strive to operate a secure customer friendly web site. We do not process orders in any manner other than our verification procedure on our website. We are serviced through a secure server and will not jeopardize our or your transaction history.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's a new sponsor that sells GM parts: www.partstaxi.com
Old 05-28-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

this is funny. I searched for it, make sure you look closelly. A GM dealer pops up, but its not gmpartsdirect. It even says on there website under the FAQ that they DO NOT DO PHONE SALES. It is all done through e-mail...
Yep, its funny all right. I ordered from gmpartsdirect a couple of years back and had problems with the order.
I called THAT place and got my RMA number and returned it to them THRU THE PHONE CALL.
Yes its true they don't want you to call, but they will take the call. At least they did for me.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
There's a new sponsor that sells GM parts: www.partstaxi.com
Thanks for the referal!

I can tell you guys I don't have everything in stock, that would be impossible. But if I don't have it in stock, I'll give you an accurate ETA, my shipping charges are fair and my phone number is in my signature.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 06-05-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com
Thanks for the referal!

I can tell you guys I don't have everything in stock, that would be impossible. But if I don't have it in stock, I'll give you an accurate ETA, my shipping charges are fair and my phone number is in my signature.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Damn, I wish I would of known about you before. She already ordered a pump from another place and if I remember right she paid more.

Quick Reply: where to buy GM parts cheap??