Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals with GMMG mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 02:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Sir
Old 12-31-2009, 03:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by King Nothing
3" true duals with 2 18" sweet thunder resonators and the pipes come under the axle and out the back . . . can't get much better flowing than what i have other than a cut-out lol

side note: i see you have 3.42's and a circle d 4000 stall...how was the change from the 3.23's to the 3.42's? i need to upgrade and replace my diff and was tryin to decide if i should stay with my 3.23's or put in 3.42's while i'm in there. but i don't know anyone who has switched so i couldn't find any feedback.
Do you have any pics of your set-up
Old 12-31-2009, 12:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6dude
Thank you Sir
your welcome bud
Originally Posted by Cumbias
Do you have any pics of your set-up
here ya go bud

Old 12-31-2009, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i love the sound of mine, sounds better than the GMMG i've heard in person IMO
King IMO I think my GMMG sounds better. Do you have a cam? An do you scrape on anything by running your pipes under the axle? I know I have better clearance though. I'm thinking about getting duals and using my existing GMMG exhaust I just have to find the right pipes. I know I'm going to have one over the axle and one is going to have to go through parts of the supension like the Bassani X system and then come back up to the GMMG.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
King IMO I think my GMMG sounds better. Do you have a cam? An do you scrape on anything by running your pipes under the axle? I know I have better clearance though. I'm thinking about getting duals and using my existing GMMG exhaust I just have to find the right pipes. I know I'm going to have one over the axle and one is going to have to go through parts of the supension like the Bassani X system and then come back up to the GMMG.
i'm lowered and the part that scrapes is the muffler itself but only a part of it will scrape not the whole thing if only the clearance wasn't an issue i'd love my true duals to death but sadly the clearance is a factor for me no cam yet but i'm throwin in a TR227/224 reverse split cam next weekend so finally it'll have some lope to it and some good power
Old 12-31-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i'm lowered and the part that scrapes is the muffler itself but only a part of it will scrape not the whole thing if only the clearance wasn't an issue i'd love my true duals to death but sadly the clearance is a factor for me no cam yet but i'm throwin in a TR227/224 reverse split cam next weekend so finally it'll have some lope to it and some good power
Cool. I had a A4 T/A with TSP true dual system and I would scrape alot but I'm sure they could have been tucked up a little bit more first and were I live started Emissions so I had to put cats in there and that made the driver's side scrape more. I talked to my tuner and he's going to talk to his exhaust guy and see if they can do the Bassani X system and see if they can mate that to my GMMG and if they can it's gonna be on like donkey kong. Hopefully I won't have clearance issues though but I doubt it cause like people using the flowmaster Y Merge that's where I'm going to cut the Y pipe and put the X-pipe there and both go over the axle and one of then is going to go under the trac bar. When you get the cam put in I would like to hear and see what type of numbers your putting down.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Veteran

oh dude i'm anxious for the numbers as well!!! i'll post em up when it's done

Quick Reply: True duals with GMMG mufflers?