Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prick cop, gotta quieten my car down.....help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having a cop next door can be a bane or a boon. Fortunately for me, the cop I lived across the street from was the same age and a car guy. He has ridden with me on more than one occasion while 'testing' my cars out I have not read all of the replies, but have you tried talking with him? Have him over for a beer? Of course he might just be a ***** by nature, good luck man...
Old 01-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by basballny2
no he cant, hes off duty when its occuring.....good try though
to the OP, i have magnaflow bullets on my car with no cats and long tubes, car is loud when it starts but at idle it calms down, give them a try if you want
Yes...because when cops are off duty...they're off duty. They don't have a responsibility to report crimes they witness while "off the clock." It wouldn't be that hard for a neighbor (i.e. the cop) to phone in a complaint. The cop that lives next door doesn't have to be the one that writes up the report.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnlv6
Yes...because when cops are off duty...they're off duty. They don't have a responsibility to report crimes they witness while "off the clock." It wouldn't be that hard for a neighbor (i.e. the cop) to phone in a complaint. The cop that lives next door doesn't have to be the one that writes up the report.
correct, but that would mean the neighbor wouldnt be the one writing the ticket as the other person said......i give u an A for effort as well but u fail just as much

edit-just checked, it was you that said it so now u fail twice in the same thread
Old 01-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Launching!

correct, but that would mean the neighbor wouldnt be the one writing the ticket as the other person said......i give u an A for effort as well but u fail just as much

edit-just checked, it was you that said it so now u fail twice in the same thread
If you think that what I said in both of my posts couldn't happen, you fail at having a grasp on reality.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Teching In

never said the neighbor couldnt phone it in....but when a cop is off duty he cant walk around writing tickets which is what u said, therefore you fail twice
Old 01-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Well I am a cop and I have wrtitten a woman a ticket for driving wreckless in my alley while off duty, so it can be done. The laws are diff. in every state. But what do I know.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bo's 98 TA
Well I am a cop and I have wrtitten a woman a ticket for driving wreckless in my alley while off duty, so it can be done. The laws are diff. in every state. But what do I know.
I don't know sir...I believe that you've failed twice as well. lol
Old 01-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bo's 98 TA
so ur telling me if ur sitting at home and someone blows a stop sign you can LEGALLY go outside and write that person a ticket? i doubt it
Old 01-05-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jsteele90
get a cutout and leave it open ALL THE TIME.
and dont forget the midnight ritual burnout in front the house...
Old 01-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Launching!

so ur telling me if ur sitting at home and someone blows a stop sign you can LEGALLY go outside and write that person a ticket? i doubt it
How old are you?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Teching In

im GUNA be 22......WUT does that have to do with anything??
Old 01-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Launching!

im GUNA be 22......WUT does that have to do with anything??
I'm just amused that I'm debating the finer points of law enforcement with someone that types like a 16 year old texts.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Launching!

Its like this if you have kids and there outside playing and someone hits them while driving like an idiot then its ok, When I became a cop I didn't sign on the dotted line to just work an 8 hr. shift, when your a cop you are pretty much always on duty, I know what I can and can't do. But you can think what you want. I wrote her for a more serious citation that exhaust.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it comical that you've provided a link showing that your car has illegal modifications , yet everyone is calling your cop neighbor a ***** for saying something when he could just write you a ticket.

Magnaflow isn't loud by any stretch of the imagination, but it IS louder than stock. Quiet it down and get cut-outs for when you really want to hear it.

It's plenty loud enough. If you'd worked an evening shift (which many cops do) and had to try and get to sleep while listening to that thing, I would imagine you'd be pretty pissed.
apparently your a cop or ex cop...

they are never in the wrong...
Old 01-05-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm just amused that I'm debating the finer points of law enforcement with someone that types like a 16 year old texts.
or you ran out of argumentative ammunition...
Old 01-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
apparently your a cop or ex cop...

they are never in the wrong...
Originally Posted by Soul TKR
or you ran out of argumentative ammunition...

Nope...neither. You don't need to have a law enforcement background to understand how things work. I got umpteenzillion tickets as a kid (ex. speeding, drag racing, reckless driving, etc.). Once I got older, I realized that it was MY actions (not the cops) which resulted in my getting into trouble.

Are they always in the right? No. However, if you follow the law, you give them less of a reason to hassle you.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Launching!

Nope...neither. You don't need to have a law enforcement background to understand how things work. I got umpteenzillion tickets as a kid (ex. speeding, drag racing, reckless driving, etc.). Once I got older, I realized that it was MY actions (not the cops) which resulted in my getting into trouble.

Are they always in the right? No. However, if you follow the law, you give them less of a reason to hassle you.
To sha
Old 01-05-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Junkie

sorry... many people on here know my feelings for cops...

I won't go into too much detail, but "MOST" of the ones I've ran into are equal to something between morning breath and a used car salesman... actually, I rate those two things much higher on the evolutionary scale...
Old 01-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ACDenali
There is not a db level that a car must maintain around here. We don't even get checked for smog emissions or anything like that yet, we can't enhance an exhaust system.

Here is what the law states : http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/224-30/190.pdf

Sucks but I am going to have to do something. Don't really have the funds right now to re-work the exhaust but I am going to do something to keep the peace around here.
You gotta live in the bible belt or naziville. Friend of mine lives in NC and has a 03 Cobra and goes through all kinds of crap like this too. Honestly you are gonna let someone tell you you can't enjoy your car? I would be out there revving the **** out of that car until i left EVERY MORNING!

Great sounding car, i'm sure hes just a jealous *****. Prolly has ***** envy too LMAO

I got this feeling most cops are cops because they don't know how to have fun and don't want anyone else to. Once i got pulled over for going 89 in a 55 and the cop acted like i was a bank robber or something. I told him to calm down write his ticket and STFU...he threatened me with jail cause i told him to STFU. I told him right out this is the reason cops get no respect. ****** AZZHOLE. I didn't buy a firebird to drive 55 so save it azzhole for the next guy you pull over *****!

Fk it where do you live lets all go there one morning and wake the fkr up to loud pipes.

Last edited by O2Form; 01-05-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O2Form
You gotta live in the bible belt or naziville. Friend of mine lives in NC and has a 03 Cobra and goes through all kinds of crap like this too. Honestly you are gonna let someone tell you you can't enjoy your car? I would be out there revving the **** out of that car until i left EVERY MORNING!

Great sounding car, i'm sure hes just a jealous *****. Prolly has ***** envy too LMAO

I got this feeling most cops are cops because they don't know how to have fun and don't want anyone else to. Once i got pulled over for going 89 in a 55 and the cop acted like i was a bank robber or something. I told him to calm down write his ticket and STFU...he threatened me with jail cause i told him to STFU. I told him right out this is the reason cops get no respect. ****** AZZHOLE. I didn't buy a firebird to drive 55 so save it azzhole for the next guy you pull over *****!
What a retard you are. You're lucky you didn't end up in jail. When some one has power over you, it behooves you to be nice to them. Idiot.

Quick Reply: Prick cop, gotta quieten my car down.....help