Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My True Dual build

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anymore on the exhaust setup lately
Old 11-11-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not yet. I got my lift up and going, but I recently got a diesel truck as my DD. So... i've been thinking that I might just put some bullets on the Camaro. But, I'm thinking that it'd still be cool to hear the warlocks. One things certain though, there won't be any simple install with these mufflers. They'll require brake/fuel line relocation and some major floor pan banging to make fit, unless I want it to be a street sweeper and speedbump remover.

I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Okay... a little update. I got my car back after about a year at the mechanics. He and Strange were working together to make some custom parts for my rear end to put it back together (after it pretty much self destructed and mangled the inside of the housing). My mechanic was all set to put it back together when he gets diagnosed with lupus! He battled that for months, all while my car was on one of the lifts. Well, $450 later, I've got my car back with a working rear end, but now it's got some of the usual gremlins that come with letting a car sit for a year. Some people would be mad that it took that long, but I realized that he was going way out of his way to fix it, which required lots of phone time with Strange to come up with an out-of-the-box solution to fix it. Anyway, my car's back.

I've had about a year to think about the exhaust and I finally put the car in the air yesterday to get a closer look at things. I went ahead and bought some cheap (CHEAP!) flowmaster knock-offs. They're called Jones Full-Boar, one chambers. 4"x9"x6". They're real short and should make for a badass sound. I'm not sure which ones I want to use, the one chambers or the warlocks.

The biggest issue is going to be the fuel lines. If I can figure out how to relocate the lines then I'll be home free. I guess that's where I'll be focusing my attention now. BTW, the one chambers were about $60 shipped for the pair off eBay.

On a side note, my old coated PaceSetter headers are VERY rusted at the collector. I should have bought stainless
Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well it looks liek the only luck you have is bad luck. i seen where come people weld/bolt heat sheilds above the mufflers if thats an option for you? i plan on running over axel and put the muffers near the rear bumper where they belong. they really fucked up the designs on the f bodies...
Old 07-13-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, I wish they never used the y pipe design, even though they don't flow THAT bad. Duals just sound better.

I've been thinking long and hard about it and I think I'm gonna throw in the towel and just get some spiral flows... They'll sound awesome, flow fine, and tuck up better than and chambered muffler. Plus they'll be lighter.

The heat shield idea isn't bad, but I had planned on beating the floor pans in to tuck them up higher. I think that traction control adds a few more brake lines to the mix that my examples didn't have to work with.

Quick Reply: My True Dual build