Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Catch Can??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Moroso is not a sponsor here what are you trying to do lolol.

You have not bought one of my cans coSpeed2 so don't go off looks and assumptions and just read what I typed. it will get you farther in your understanding.

mightymousesolutions.com
Old 04-15-2014, 08:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was merely making a comparison. Many sponsors sell moroso. Just like you arent a sponsor yet sponsors sell your wares.

My understanding goes further than my posts relay.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

i know i see words but all i hear is blah blah i don't like MM.

so anyone else i am happy to help!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Arrogance is not very becoming.

I didnt say it was moroso I just said it looked like it. No need to get internet butthurt over that.

To a previous customer you even had to question everything about him and his engine and install instead of offering to look at the catch can itself.

I said I didnt like breathers well before I saw your catch can. And I still dont.

You are directly putting down any of the other cans but yours. What is wrong with a little back and forth and competition?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by coSPEED2
Not alot of diff between that and the moroso one....
Does this say LOOKED? Sounds more like 'putting down anothers can' to me.

on the other hand..

If you can find something I have said about another can anywhere on the internet that was not factual I would like to see it.

How else are you supposed to help a customer without asking questions? Huh? Is it your company's policy to pass out replacement parts without reason? I doubt it.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We dont openly accuse the customer of error right off the bat.
And yes unless you read too much into it, it does mean it looks like moroso.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. Im sure your breather can will fix everything and if there are any issues its not your fault.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 04-16-2014, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

MIGHTYMOUSE ,
Do you have any cut-away photos or drawing of your Black "PCV" Can ... ?
It's always nice to have a good visual image of the inner workings of a CC.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone tell me the BEST solution or setup to eliminate a wet intake/TB? Im not concerned about cost on something that can keep sludge out of my motor and affect performance. What is better or sufficient, a single or dual can? Can someone also explain the difference between "open" and "closed" loop catch cans? I know the definition of open and closed loop in traditional lingo. As far as not being concerned abut cost on catch cans, Im not sold on the LS6 pcv conversion as of yet vs cost & effectiveness, not really wanting to cut the block most likely, as im certain I don't have an LS6 block in my 01 built in May of 01. Hypothetically tho, with tight quarters in Fbody 4th gen engine bay, is that conversion overly difficult with the motor in the car?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Stringfellow
Can someone tell me the BEST solution or setup to eliminate a wet intake/TB? Im not concerned about cost on something that can keep sludge out of my motor and affect performance. What is better or sufficient, a single or dual can? Can someone also explain the difference between "open" and "closed" loop catch cans? I know the definition of open and closed loop in traditional lingo. As far as not being concerned abut cost on catch cans, Im not sold on the LS6 pcv conversion as of yet vs cost & effectiveness, not really wanting to cut the block most likely, as im certain I don't have an LS6 block in my 01 built in May of 01. Hypothetically tho, with tight quarters in Fbody 4th gen engine bay, is that conversion overly difficult with the motor in the car?
nope.. did my LS6 conversion in a few hours in the garage. cutting the tab off the block took 5 minutes with a dremel..

the most time consuming part was getting the intake manifold off and snaked out of the engine bay.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

anybody like Faith No More?
LISTEN!
MM can FYI on Photosnack: click click!
http://www.photosnack.com/F58B9F6569B/p71m2pm9

99bluz28, sorry in advance if you were hoping for unicorns or rainbows inside! just results (not pictured is the mesh). If you have any specific questions please feel free to pm me.

Stringfellow, there have been some tests to see what cans collect the most oil, but take caution; The real result you want is a dry intake, not an impressive collection of oil (hopefully you follow me there).

my use of closed can is one with one inlet and one outlet for airflow
my use of open can is one with an open breather fully connected to the crank case

the ls6 valley cover is nice because its not very restrictive, the newer ones with the built in restriction i would not recommend using on the dirty side of a ventilation system because of the restriction.

I think you can get your results with a high functioning can without a valley cover. Several installs I've advised and they end up capped off.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stringfellow
Yeah, the LS6 valley cover turned out to be a appearance modification for me, since it didn't seem to make any difference on the amount of oil pulled through the intake manifold, so I'd focus on a good CC. IMO, one that requires the crankcase vapor to follow a longer path between the inlet and outlet of the CC preferably with a perforated aluminum or stainless steel barriors, not packing that could clog or break-down and get pull through your combustion chambers. If you do get one with packing make sure you know what it's made from and that the crank case vapors won't easily break down the packing material.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

A properly machined engine will fix your issues better than a bandaid.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

What, No unicorns or rainbows inside!
Anyway, Unicorns and rainbows, are way outside my price range!

How about my little pony stickers to go on the outside of the can...?

Thanks for the info MM!
BTW, what type and size mesh do you use inside your cans.. ?

I remember the video for that song, with the goldfish flopping around on the floor!

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 04-16-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by coSPEED2
A properly machined engine will fix your issues better than a bandaid.

Tell that to GM. Plenty of guys in their brand new 5th gens catching 2-3 ounces of oil every 500 - 1000 miles.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Tolerances are not GMs strong points. The NNBS 5.3s were worse than that.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:56 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Mightymouse, I'm not understanding how your can works with a connection to the crank case, a connection to vacuum AND an air filter to the atmosphere.

It would seem that with the open filter, the vacuum would more draw from the atmosphere than through the block. This would draw less from the crankcase than a closed CC without the exposed filter.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Well he isnt really a spnsor on here and his blatancy is more than stepping over the line.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:05 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

(my question above would be referring to a street car/DD)
Old 04-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
i know i see words but all i hear is blah blah i don't like MM.

so anyone else i am happy to help!
Please do not take anything out of context. It's just a discussion.

Quick Reply: Best Catch Can??