Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another what exhaust should i do thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default another what exhaust should i do thread

Ok I have a lm1 now,I also have a borla xr1 to make a borla mouth,how does a borlamouth sound compared to a gmmg or other,is the magnamouth deeper? I like loud but want a better sound then the lm1 ,I know everyone says duals are better I have never heard them in person,if I could make up my mind on what to do I wouldn't of made this ,so throw out some options,car is a 99 ss m6
Old 12-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Captain Double Post

One option I had was put cats on the lm1 and run a cme set up,I have heard the cme smooths out the sound a lil,it does have a tsp ory with the newer merge,do the duals sound as good as everyone says?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have GMMG and love it...sounds even better after putting the cam and headers on....if you want loud, then that's def a good way to go
Old 12-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Captain Double Post

Yeah I got a ms4,longtubes,another option I was looking at was a magnaflow catback with a cut out,but I have heard magnaflow is not to much louder than a stock catback?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Launching!

that's pretty much what ive read on here about magnaflow too...not sure if a cam wakes it up more or not...ill put up a couple vids of mine after i get out of class
Old 12-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Launching!

http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=008-2.mp4

http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=007-2.mp4

http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=revs.mp4

http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=008.mp4
Old 12-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Captain Double Post

I know the cam will wake it up ,my lm1 got 5 times louder with the ms4,and it was loud before the cam
Old 12-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Captain Double Post

Man I love your car,a part of me wishes I would have gotten a ta,I was thinking of selling mine for one but the ss has grown on me plus the fact I almost have the major things done,all that's left is suspension,rearend,and rebuild the t 56,
Old 12-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Captain Double Post

I'm just looking for the best sound,there is one ss that has duals ran back to a cme and that has been the best setup I have heard so far,and its hard to go by what you hear in clips,I know on my phone if I take a clip of my car it sounds like crap but great in person.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Captain Double Post

this guys car sounds really good ,
Old 12-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Captain Double Post

I think its a tru dual set up ran under the axle with a cme there is a clip of it on youtube that sounds killer
Old 12-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Launching!

I listened to a ton of different exhausts before I went with the GMMG. I went with it b/c I loved the sound and how the tips fit the cutouts of the TA bumper. To me, the CME looks better on Camaro's rather than just having it "hanging there". A buddy of mine has the LM1 on his TA and I didn't really care for it too much...the GMMG was loud and had a deeper tone to it where I thought the LM1 was just "loud" but not as deep of a tone, if that makes any sense.
If you want it to sound loud and aggressive, a GMMG with a cam and headers will def fit what your looking for....its gonna scream when you get on it and turn some heads for sure. There's a nice straight piece of road about a mile past my house that I like to get on it, and my dad said he can hear when I get on it if he's outside, so it's def loud....hope that helps man!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Captain Double Post

Yeah I've wanted a gmmg for awhile ,I will be doing a cme ,yeah it seems like the lm1 is loud but lacks the deep tone,I like what I have heard from magnaflow but just worried ill be running a open cut out all the time,maybe ill try the xr1 in place and see how that sounds,is the magnamouth have a deeper sound than the borla?from the clips I have heard it seems like it is,this guys true duals I was talking about just sounded great,and tsp x pipe is only like 425,and after I sell my y pipe and lm1 with the borla. Xr1 I'm not spending that much,a gmmg used will cost me around 550 or a lil more,like I said I just don't know what I wanna do
Old 12-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Yeah I've wanted a gmmg for awhile ,I will be doing a cme ,yeah it seems like the lm1 is loud but lacks the deep tone,I like what I have heard from magnaflow but just worried ill be running a open cut out all the time,maybe ill try the xr1 in place and see how that sounds,is the magnamouth have a deeper sound than the borla?from the clips I have heard it seems like it is,this guys true duals I was talking about just sounded great,and tsp x pipe is only like 425,and after I sell my y pipe and lm1 with the borla. Xr1 I'm not spending that much,a gmmg used will cost me around 550 or a lil more,like I said I just don't know what I wanna do
I've never heard a magnamouth so I can't really say, maybe someone else will chime in. I've heard a borla on a stock T/A but it didn't really impress me. GMMG smokes the borla imo plus I absolutely hate how the tips look on the borla with those fins or whatever they are. If you get GMMG, I'd def run cats or it will probably get raspy with an ORY. If you get one and don't like it, I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it. People are always looking for a nice used GMMG on here. But I think its tough to beat the tone of a GMMG.
Some of the hooker and bassani sound pretty decent also...have you checked ls1sounds.com??
Old 12-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Captain Double Post

Yeah I have,I would just swap my lm1 resonator on my lm1 catback,from what I have heard it sounds way better than the lm1 and better than the borla catback,I would like a gmmg but there kinda hard to find I see a few go up for sale and are sold with in a few hours,I wish I can hear true duals in person,that would be the cheapest route but I worry about having mine lowered with them ,ohio roads suck bad,I also looked at the stainless works chambered catback which is kind of like the gmmg but its not cheap at all over 900,
Old 12-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Captain Double Post

Here is what I'm thinking tsp x pipe with sweet thunders ran into a cme,the few clips I have heard of that set up sound great,unless a gmmg pops up here real soon ill be doing that
Old 12-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Captain Double Post

Yeah gonna go with tsp x pipe with sweet thunders ran into a cme,the gmmg sounds really good but the few x pipes I have heard are something else,ill post pics when I get them on
Old 12-01-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

You want loud, but refined, go with the GMMG or a Magnaflow. The GMMG has a very deep, ballsy tone to it. The magnaflow was more poppy and not quite as loud. Can't go wrong either way.

Here's my current set up.
LT's, 3" off road Y pipe with a flowmaster merge, 3" I and over axle portion, GMMG w/ 3" tailpipes

http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=IMG_0364.mp4

Here's the same set up, but with a Magnaflow
http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=8850
Old 12-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Captain Double Post

Yeah I do like magnaflow,got to get something here soon I took of the lm1 today,think I'm set on true duals,I could sell my y and my cat back and not put out to much cash,got a lot of other stuff to buy