Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help guys!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help guys!!

I want to know if you guys can give me some suggestions on which exhaust setup to get! I dont wanna spend hella money, I just want something that sounds mean and nice, im not gonna mod my car so I will have stock headers on, and i I dont know which cats to get! so if you can hook me up on some advice for those I would appreciate it! I dont want rasp or drone in the sound, so Some if any advice would be good just from your guys experience. thanx! I dont want cutouts or nothing like that jus a nice full system with cats and a nice muffler
Old 12-31-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's your budget?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

^ no more than $1000
Old 12-31-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

With that budget you can get something pretty nice. I know you said you don't want headers, but trust me, it's a great investment (and a must for these cars IMO). See if you can buy some used long tubes and then get a true dual set up from Texas Speed.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

what do you think about the Borla XR-1, and that setup you talkin about comes with cats and stuff? and where can i pick up some used headers?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cwdub4
what do you think about the Borla XR-1, and that setup you talkin about comes with cats and stuff? and where can i pick up some used headers?
Honestly, I don't have any experience with Borla so I'm not sure. You can go to Texas Speed's site and look at the options that they have for exhaust. As far as headers go..I'm sure you can find some on here in the classified section.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

what about this setup,

-Hooker Headers
-Off-road ypipe
-SLP Loudmouth 2
Old 12-31-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

the only thing about the TSP TrueDuals setup is that there is some drone, but that makes me love my car even more.....you can definitely tell your in a modded car....if you have emissions testing and want no drone but a nice sound, i would suggest something like finding a used set of slip fit long tube headers , tsp catted y pipe, and maybe a magnaflow cat back....that would just about eat up 1000 i think
Old 12-31-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

stay away from hooker. their quality isn't the best anymore. try pacesetter. i have had good luck with mine. also TSP true duals are affordable and will sound great, just be careful as they may be a tad too loud. but its a great system for making power, there's also no rasp and it's extremely deep and throaty

you could also do a dumped 3.5" y-pipe. get a tsp y and get a shop to splice in a 3.5" merge to a dumped muffler of your choice. it is simple, easy and affordable.

however if you are set on a cat back you might try to find a used loud mouth and make it into a borla mouth. the ones i've heard have sounded really healthy.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

thanx bro that sounds like a good setup! so yea ill try and find some pacesetters, and loud is fine i just want a nice clean setup! and that deep and throuty sound is what I'm looking for! so the pacesetters, and im guessing a offroad y pipe? and the TSP true duals is what im lookin at?

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
stay away from hooker. their quality isn't the best anymore. try pacesetter. i have had good luck with mine. also TSP true duals are affordable and will sound great, just be careful as they may be a tad too loud. but its a great system for making power, there's also no rasp and it's extremely deep and throaty

you could also do a dumped 3.5" y-pipe. get a tsp y and get a shop to splice in a 3.5" merge to a dumped muffler of your choice. it is simple, easy and affordable.

however if you are set on a cat back you might try to find a used loud mouth and make it into a borla mouth. the ones i've heard have sounded really healthy.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

thanx bro that sounds like a good setup! so yea ill try and find some pacesetters, and loud is fine i just want a nice clean setup! and that deep and throuty sound is what I'm looking for! so the pacesetters, and im guessing a offroad y pipe? and the TSP true duals is what im lookin at?
you won't need a y-pipe if you get the duals....they come with the x-pipe and mufflers of your choice.....dynomax bullets are loudest, sweet thunders sound the best/deepest IMO, and spiral flows will be the quietest, but not tame by any means
Old 12-31-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, you should be pretty happy with that. And, as stated, you don't need a y pipe. Pacesetters are good and not that expensive. I have twister mufflers on mine and it's pretty loud. Even before the cam it sounded good.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Loudmouth 1 ,sounds great on stock cars,
Old 12-31-2010, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

will getting headers mess with the emissions check? also anyone have any info for some good cats?
Old 12-31-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

This is what I would do.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...clip-pics.html
Old 12-31-2010, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

very very nice bro!! but can you tell me exactly what you got and where i can get it from and how much it cost you!! and also will it pass emissions check?

Originally Posted by philsblwnz28
Old 12-31-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

very very nice bro!! but can you tell me exactly what you got and where i can get it from and how much it cost you!! and also will it pass emissions check?
I live in florida so we dont have emission checks down here. I would say in order to pass emissions you would have to have cats (2) on there some how. That's not my vehicle but I did the same exact setup on my z28 and it sounded great.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-94051/
Old 12-31-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

cwdub4, where you located at?
If your car needs a visual inspection, and/or a sniffer test to pass emissions then just get a cat-back system, unless you plan on reinstalling your factory y-pipe/cats beforehand.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

i live in GA but im from cali and im going to be going back there! so yes Cali is insane with that emissions check crap! so will this be ok, pacesetter long tubes, and a borla cat back setup?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i live in GA but im from cali and im going to be going back there! so yes Cali is insane with that emissions check crap! so will this be ok, pacesetter long tubes, and a borla cat back setup?
Yes, it'll be okay in GA., but not in CA.!