Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay 92 and 102mm throttle bodies...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did get the WARR performance 102mm. Still have no problems whatsoever. It does take a few hours of minor adjustments with a drill/dremmel, but I think it's worth it. Look of the forums and you will be walked through it almost step by step.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:08 PM
Teching In

So its actually no better than other ebay throttle bodies?

Do you happen to have links on what people are having to do to get them to work?

I've only seen this thread about it for LSX so far...
Old 11-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Teching In

The quality is better than the eBay TB. Everything was tight and looked great when I received it. Unlike the EBay ones that come apart and have major functionality issues. I don't have a list of the links. Look for "adjusting Throttle Position sensor adjustment" "IAC Fitment" and so on. Every case is different and have to adjust as necessary, so I don't think anyone has put together a "do this" thread. If your TPS sensor doesn't fit, bore the hole out a little (fine grit sandpaper/drill/dremmel) and/or slot the sensor hardware holes(drill/dremmel)& adjust it using a voltmeter or code reader that shows THrottle position, if the IAC doesn't fit bore the hole out a little (fine grit sand paper if you are not wild about using a drill/dremmel on it) and if you notice after installing that your throttle doesn't quite open up all the way (driemmel/grind/sandpaper) grind the throttle backstop down until it does.
The hardest part was adjusting the TPS after fitting it. I used the voltmeter way (three wires- 1-ground, 1-5v and 1-signal) slowly turn the TPS until the signal reads (.48-.53 at Idle) then tighten the screws down. Manually open your throttle until it's wide open and the voltage should read (4.80-4.95 at WOT). If it goes over 5v at WOT it will just throw a code.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bryanwood74
Same here, interested in the WARR performance 92mm but I wanted to get feedback first. I assume that is what the last couple posters bought, and still had to do work on them?
Yes, that i the one I got. Bought it off ebay.
Besides enlarging the TPS holes and grinding the throttle shaft for the TPS sensor to fit, I later modified the Idle Air passages and IAC valve seat in order to obtain OEM idle quality. This is not an easy task. The engine would Idle without this mod, but I sometimes experienced hunting.

I also drilled a hole in the throttle blade, same diameter as the OEM TB.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Is there anyone on the this board (that would be willing) that I could send it to in order to get it dialed in perfectly rather than me having to screw with it for hours?
Old 12-02-2015, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Buy a name brand if you want it easy. The mods are not hard

Adjust the blade stop to crack the blade open more instead of drilling the butterfly. Achieves the same effect without being permanent. Youll have to do that with any TB and a cam

Seriously, these are not hard mods

Take a 3/8" bit and bore out the iac passageways, both directions. Dont worry if you hit the pintle seat inside, it doesnt seal anything

Take a small bit, 3/16" IIRC and hold the drill still while on and slot the TPS holes some. You want to rotate it a few degrees forward or back

Next, fiddle with the TB cam and flick the butterfly open and closed a few times. Adjust it open until it stops sticking closed

Flick the butterfly wide open and look on the case to see where the throttle cam hits the body. Grind about 1/8" off that stop so it can travel farther

Thats it! That'll take 30 minutes max. This isnt rocket science
Old 03-21-2016, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm bumping this back up. I'm seriously considering the WARR Performance 102mm TB. There were a couple guys in another thread that said they bought and installed the WARR Performance 102mm TB and had to do ZERO modifications to it to make it work flawlessly. I'm looking for anyone's feedback who's recently bought and installed one of their 102mm TB's. I also like the fact they sell an all black TB for $10 more.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:56 PM
Teching In

I've got an ebay throttle body that came with my motor. How do I get the measurement? Is it across the opening OD? I measured almost 102mm so I assume that's what it is. Correct way?
Old 03-21-2016, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I'm bumping this back up. I'm seriously considering the WARR Performance 102mm TB. There were a couple guys in another thread that said they bought and installed the WARR Performance 102mm TB and had to do ZERO modifications to it to make it work flawlessly. I'm looking for anyone's feedback who's recently bought and installed one of their 102mm TB's. I also like the fact they sell an all black TB for $10 more.
I bought the 92 mm TB & again didn't need any kind of mods! Can't speak for the 102 mm version. Just the word I got before I bought mine to buy the Warr Performance one.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
My 92mm came in the mail today. I'm seriously impressed with the packaging/fit and finish on the TB but I can't speak for any potential issues since the intake/tb wont be getting installed for about another month.

I'll have to get some pics up.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DesertHawk
I've got an ebay throttle body that came with my motor. How do I get the measurement? Is it across the opening OD? I measured almost 102mm so I assume that's what it is. Correct way?
no , you measure the throttle blade
Old 03-22-2016, 08:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
I bought the 92 mm TB & again didn't need any kind of mods! Can't speak for the 102 mm version. Just the word I got before I bought mine to buy the Warr Performance one.
That's what I'm hearing too. It seems people are making a few improvements to them, but they may not actually be needed to make the TB function properly.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Whisper
My 92mm came in the mail today. I'm seriously impressed with the packaging/fit and finish on the TB but I can't speak for any potential issues since the intake/tb wont be getting installed for about another month.

I'll have to get some pics up.

Keep me updated on how you like it and if you experience any issues. I assume if the 92mm TB is good, so is the 102mm TB.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by s/c'd cav
no , you measure the throttle blade
ah ok, thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Can anyone provide a write up on how they modified their TB for the TPS sensor? I have the Warr TB and have had consistent issues that I only recently in the past few months discovered was due to the poor fitment of the TPS sensor in the TB. This causes the car to die at random at stops or heavy let offs of the accelerator (such as turning onto another street.) This isn't fun to say the least.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

I haven't heard of anyone having issues with it. I would say you could try boring it out some.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:58 AM
I need a gauge for that

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I had to take some material off the shaft so it would fit into the TPS sensor, and bore out the IAC passage slightly for the IAC valve to fit inside. Maybe 20 minutes total.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Can anyone provide a write up on how they modified their TB for the TPS sensor? I have the Warr TB and have had consistent issues that I only recently in the past few months discovered was due to the poor fitment of the TPS sensor in the TB. This causes the car to die at random at stops or heavy let offs of the accelerator (such as turning onto another street.) This isn't fun to say the least.
Can you explain what you mean by poor fitment and how that's causing your issue?
Old 01-08-2017, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Buy a name brand if you want it easy. The mods are not hard

Adjust the blade stop to crack the blade open more instead of drilling the butterfly. Achieves the same effect without being permanent. Youll have to do that with any TB and a cam

Seriously, these are not hard mods

Take a 3/8" bit and bore out the iac passageways, both directions. Dont worry if you hit the pintle seat inside, it doesnt seal anything

Take a small bit, 3/16" IIRC and hold the drill still while on and slot the TPS holes some. You want to rotate it a few degrees forward or back

Next, fiddle with the TB cam and flick the butterfly open and closed a few times. Adjust it open until it stops sticking closed

Flick the butterfly wide open and look on the case to see where the throttle cam hits the body. Grind about 1/8" off that stop so it can travel farther

Thats it! That'll take 30 minutes max. This isnt rocket science

This is a common GM TPS. Look at the mounting holes.

Here is another common GM TPS. This is what you're doing to the mounting holes. Creating slots so the sensor has a little adjustment for the tuner to reset full closed to 0%

If you cant handle that, then buy a name brand TB
Old 01-09-2017, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Pocket

Looks like every TPS I ever had for my Turbo Buick, you LS guys don't know pain until you have to do a TPS/IAC settings dance. There is likely a minimum voltage range for idle and maximum voltage range for WOT in your ECM.

Quick Reply: Ebay 92 and 102mm throttle bodies...