Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Ram-Air...Worth Anything?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If performance is what your after Chrs1313 is where its at.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

Default Options

If you have a 98-02 Factory WS6 hood, you can go with the JAAM WS6 ram air kit we sell. It makes both sets of nostrils functional.

If you have an SS hood, there are no kits to make it functional and even if there were, I don't believe you see much of a gain given the hood scoop design. For Camaros, you would be better off going with our FTRA kit which bring air in from under the vehicle.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had the Fast Toys RA on my 2000 Z28 and was very happy with it. However, it seems a shame to not use the direct shot into the airbox provided by the WS6 hood. I'm still looking at different kits, so please keep the input coming! Thanks!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
If you have an SS hood, there are no kits to make it functional and even if there were, I don't believe you see much of a gain given the hood scoop design. For Camaros, you would be better off going with our FTRA kit which bring air in from under the vehicle.
These free air mod type cold air kits (SLP and the like as well) have been known to create issues blocking airflow to the AC condenser. I suggest everyone tread carefully here.

If you have a 98-02 Factory WS6 hood, you can go with the JAAM WS6 ram air kit we sell. It makes both sets of nostrils functional.
I've seen your JAAM kit and I liked it, helps airflow and makes the engine bay look better. The only thing that's kept me from buying it is the price, a ball breaking $211 for an aluminum plate, some foam and half a dozen mounting bolts. This is truly excessive.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

I would agree if you have a WS6 to go with the JAAM.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:53 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedVertTA
I've seen your JAAM kit and I liked it, helps airflow and makes the engine bay look better. The only thing that's kept me from buying it is the price, a ball breaking $211 for an aluminum plate, some foam and half a dozen mounting bolts. This is truly excessive.
i want one too but i almost fell over when i saw what it cost. i couldn't help but feel like a real ******* if i spent that much for that.

Quick Reply: Factory Ram-Air...Worth Anything?