Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: which exhasut set
keep magnaflow ,get ory with longtubes, cutout
39.58%
LTs, corsa catted, cutout
14.58%
LTs, gmmg catted, cutout
33.33%
LTs, powerflo catted, cutout
6.25%
TSP true duals
6.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

keep magnaflow or go with corsa/gmmg?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i heard gmmg isnt to bad with cats or would it still be too much for daily driving do you think?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:29 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It really depends on mods,gmmg is the best but on a head/cam car it does get loud,but all the better exhaust do,that's the main reason people love magnaflow,you can have a wild set up drive it everyday and not lose your mind,I did hear a 383 with tsp duals and sweet thunders thunders and that sounded great,if gmmg wasn't around the tsp duals is the next best thing in sound,I just don't like the fact that there dumped,(yeah by the time there ran over the axle its gonna cost some cash),and clearance issues,(I have seen cars with great clearance but every car has there own issues lol) I wish tsp came out with there kit with the option of over the axle,I think one day they will offer that,if it comes down to you really want another catback gmmg is way cheaper than corsa,and is built better imho,most of the people that have got a corsa has said the quality sucks,I think corsa sounds good but not for that price,look into the gmmg op you will be happy and not want another catback,there are a lot of ways people have made them more tame,powerstick in the I pipe,cats ,etc.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

i def am going to look into gmmg for sure if i have to i will keep the cats and add a powerstick. is vengance racing still a reliable sorce to get a set from?

and btw by the time my car is heads/cam it wont be my daily driver anymore lol
Old 01-21-2011, 01:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Stick with the magnaflow. Corsa sounds great on Vette's but not f bodies plus its overpriced. Just get a cutout for the times you want it to scream. Eventually you'll appreciate not having a stupid loud exhaust
Old 01-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Launching!

the gmmg is a nice catback, my father has one on his 2001 ss m6, it gets loud in the cabin at around 3000 rpm, other then that i find its perfect. It is a loud exhaust though. This is with stock manifolds and cats. I have a magnaflow sitting in my shed as I changed to a LM1, the loudmouth is way louder then the magnaflow, but similar in loudness to gmmg, but the gmmg sounds way better. I paid 125 for the LM1 and it was mint so I couldnt pass it up, has slp on the tips. I mention the LM1 as I sometimes wish I had the magnaflow back on due to the drone in the car. I daily drive my car in the summer so the 1500-2300 rpm range can be annoying sometimes. The cutout may be a good option as you can keep your sanity on long drives, then have it loud when you want it. Hope you find the sound your looking for.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Captain Double Post

Trust some of us that have had loud setups,it gets old,but it goes back to how modded your car is going to be,gmmg is good but I hate the idea of putting cats on my car ever,what mods are you wanting to do,unless you want something on the loud side?yeah vengance is the only place that sells them,I was trying to find out when they do the group buys,there 100 off that way,or look in the parts,but I have been looking for the past 2 months and have only seen one,and was sold by the time I saw it,
Old 01-21-2011, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

are cutouts illegal in cali after the cats?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

detoxx i know you have had quite a few exhaust so i know i can trust your advice. i do want louder though but if i went catless im sure i would get a ticket for sure because cops are brutal in jersey and i dont want my gf bitching about the smell lol(friend who doesnt have cats his gf never shuts up about her eyes burning and the smell) i've heard alot of good things about the gmmg with cats and a powerstick in backwards though. i dont have to worry about it getting to crazy with heads/ cam because that is prob still another 2 years out before i do that.

plus idk if i want to waste money and pay some one to adjust my magnaflow so it stops clanking around at every damn bump because i tried a few times and i dont feel like it again lol. this is the main thing that is driving me crazy about the magnaflow
Old 01-21-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GENE510SS
are cutouts illegal in cali after the cats?
EVERYTHING is illegal in Cali, that being said I doubt cutouts are legal in any state, since it bypasses the muffler.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

yea sucks out here in cali when it comes to mods and smog, SMH...
Old 01-21-2011, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
detoxx i know you have had quite a few exhaust so i know i can trust your advice. i do want louder though but if i went catless im sure i would get a ticket for sure because cops are brutal in jersey and i dont want my gf bitching about the smell lol(friend who doesnt have cats his gf never shuts up about her eyes burning and the smell) i've heard alot of good things about the gmmg with cats and a powerstick in backwards though. i dont have to worry about it getting to crazy with heads/ cam because that is prob still another 2 years out before i do that.

plus idk if i want to waste money and pay some one to adjust my magnaflow so it stops clanking around at every damn bump because i tried a few times and i dont feel like it again lol. this is the main thing that is driving me crazy about the magnaflow
I went from lm to borlamouth to straight pipes added a cutout and then finally just did the slp powerflo conversion. I loved the lm when I was stock but after adding a cam, stall, and headers I eventually got tired of it. Did the borlamouth and liked it a lot but. It made things a little quieter but still raspy and had drone. Got a cutout for free so that meant I had to come up with another option for mufflers cause the borla was in the way. Straigh pipes lasted a week before I was threw with it. Came across the powerflo and haven't looked back.

It gets looked over a lot for some reason but its the best "catback" out there imo. Deep tone, not too quiet, and has a refined tone. In your case I would just add a cutout cause once you go h/c the car will get louder and if you change the exhaust you might regret it. I'm not a old man by any means but being obnoxiously loud gets old fast.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

i looked up that video of ur car i think your friends with the tsp sounds like SEX lol yours sounds pretty damn amazing too and seems like it would be good for daily driving for me, and some one on here offered to trade me my mangaflow for his LM so all i would have to buy is the proflo conversion. im just not sure how good the powerflo mufflers would look under a camaro idk if anyone has pics of it on a camaro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cCzJ6ctiTI

Last edited by z28camaross2; 01-22-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Gmmg for sure
Old 01-22-2011, 02:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Keep the mag you will safe money. Go ory we dont need stupid cats they are worthless anyway (IMO) You will love the lts. My .02
Old 01-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Captain Double Post

Cme hides them
Old 01-22-2011, 03:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
i looked up that video of ur car i think your friends with the tsp sounds like SEX lol yours sounds pretty damn amazing too and seems like it would be good for daily driving for me, and some one on here offered to trade me my mangaflow for his LM so all i would have to buy is the proflo conversion. im just not sure how good the powerflo mufflers would look under a camaro idk if anyone has pics of it on a camaro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cCzJ6ctiTI
Yeah if you get the lm all you would need is the powerflo conversion
Old 01-22-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Yeah if you get the lm all you would need is the powerflo conversion
That is the perfect setup. Mean, driving around loud with the cut out open. Did you have lm1 on stock internals? Thats what I plan to run in the spring if its too loud I might switch to your set up.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Captain Double Post

Detox, don't you have a vid with start up and a few light revs? Should post that,I looked for it but couldn't find it,the powerflo is over looked,with a cme it hides the mufflers pretty well,but it sounds great,search youtube there is a few clips
Old 01-22-2011, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Long tubes, catted y, e cut, magnaflow. I have that set up and it is nice. Best of both worlds
Old 01-22-2011, 10:36 PM
10 Second Club

I'll try to find the other video guys

Quick Reply: keep magnaflow or go with corsa/gmmg?