Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car spins but wont run unless you jump

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasons88gta
I put a new ground cable off
The battery and it's seems to have fixed the problem
hey man I know this thread is 6 years old but I was hoping to pick your brain about anything you might remember on this issue. I have an ls1 swapped rx7. It came out of a 2001 firebird. Same issue as yours but with a lot more places to look obviously. I even have a bad tps. Essentially the car will turn over strong but won’t start, however if I through a jump box on it it’ll fire right up. I was messing with it the other day tho and realized that after it starts once with the jump box (practically first hit) if I let it die or kill it it’ll spin over for a solid 3-5 seconds before it starts again. My battery is behind the rear seat and is grounded to the chassis. In your opinion do you think that the ground is also my problem. Ps it didn’t always do this. It always started first hit for months and when I got it back from my brother about 8 months later it now has this problem. Also strangely enough it will pop start too. Final note. It has a btr stage 4 cam and prc ported and polished heads along with an ls6 intake and throttle body.
Old 06-29-2023, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,142 Likes on 2,450 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by angrywerls1
hey man I know this thread is TWELVE years old but I was hoping to pick your brain about anything you might remember on this issue. I have an ls1 swapped rx7. It came out of a 2001 firebird. Same issue as yours but with a lot more places to look obviously. I even have a bad tps. Essentially the car will turn over strong but won’t start, however if I through a jump box on it it’ll fire right up. I was messing with it the other day tho and realized that after it starts once with the jump box (practically first hit) if I let it die or kill it it’ll spin over for a solid 3-5 seconds before it starts again. My battery is behind the rear seat and is grounded to the chassis. In your opinion do you think that the ground is also my problem. Ps it didn’t always do this. It always started first hit for months and when I got it back from my brother about 8 months later it now has this problem. Also strangely enough it will pop start too. Final note. It has a btr stage 4 cam and prc ported and polished heads along with an ls6 intake and throttle body.
OP hasn't been here for ANY of those TWELVE YEARS.....
The following users liked this post:
Graham Dwernychuk (06-29-2023)
Old 06-29-2023, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
OP hasn't been here for ANY of those TWELVE YEARS.....
oh ya sorry thought it said 2017. Big goof. Any thoughts yourself then?

Quick Reply: Car spins but wont run unless you jump