Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How did your TSP y-pipe fit with your headers?
TSP headers, TSP y-pipe, fit fine
7.22%
TSP headers, TSP y-pipe, had some problems with the install
18.56%
Pacesetter headers, TSP y-pipe, fit fine
24.74%
Pacesetter headers, TSP y-pipe, had some problems with the install
26.80%
Hooker Headers, TSP y-pipe, fit fine
7.22%
Hooker Headers, TSP y-pipe, had some problems with the install
8.25%
Other headers, TSP y-pipe, fit fine
1.03%
Other headers, TSP y-pipe, had some problems with the install
6.19%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Have a TSP y-pipe? come in and vote.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry about the shipping man. UPS pricing is what it is...HORRIBLE! However, with our account, I can promise you it is cheaper than what it would be if you walked in to ship it yourself. If you are ordering on the site and the shipping is high, call me and I'll quote it through the actual software rather than the site.

Remember on feedback like this. For every one you hear about that is bad, I bet there are 30 that fit great. I can assure you, with the numbers of these we sell, if there was a problem you would hear about it every where!

I'm confident your parts will fit great without any issues. Just take your time when installing it and you'll be fine. I think you'll be VERY happy with your new stainless Texas Speed 1 7/8" header and stainless y-pipe!

Jon

Last edited by Jon@Texas-Speed; 06-20-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I tried to put mine on, I assembled the y pipe first which was a bad idea. I put it on piece by piece starting with the headers which worked out great! There is a lot adjustment with the y pipe which is very nice and is also a reason why people have problems. You cant just throw it together and expect it to fit. You need to adjust the pieces so they fit correctly. Once they are together, the y pipe has a lot of adjustment. I tightened it up once I got it where I wanted it and then I had it weld into place. Slips right on and off.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cosmos
when i tried to put mine on, i assembled the y pipe first which was a bad idea. I put it on piece by piece starting with the headers which worked out great! There is a lot adjustment with the y pipe which is very nice and is also a reason why people have problems. You cant just throw it together and expect it to fit. You need to adjust the pieces so they fit correctly. Once they are together, the y pipe has a lot of adjustment. I tightened it up once i got it where i wanted it and then i had it weld into place. Slips right on and off.
exactly!!! :d
Old 06-22-2011, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

The exhaust shop cut a small piece off of mine to make it fit to my TSP headers.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

I'm getting ready to start putting mine on, and I'm not exactly a "gear head" (but I'm beyond "changing my own oil") status... so I'll post up how it goes for me.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FyreLance
I'm getting ready to start putting mine on, and I'm not exactly a "gear head" (but I'm beyond "changing my own oil") status... so I'll post up how it goes for me.
Install complete, and I'm going to vote that mine fit up just fine. The only "fitment" issue I had was getting the collector to fit into the stock i-pipe...that was a pain. (Took a lot of Dremel grinding/pipe expanding/PB blaster.) But as far as the actual alignment of all the parts goes... fit like a champ (used jack and jackstands to help hold things up and just made little tweaks here and there).

Thanks TSP.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:20 AM
FormerVendor

Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback!
No problem! Though, I do blame you for me depleting my extra funds right before my hot water heater went out!

Quick Reply: Have a TSP y-pipe? come in and vote.