Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG installed & tip are crooked

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG installed & tip are crooked

I just had my GMMG exhaust installed this weekend and it sound awesome! Way better than the Loudmouth that came off. One small problem, my right tip is a good inch to inch and a half lower than the left one. Is there an easy way to even them out other than bending the pipe slightly? I don't see any play in the system to adjust it.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

INUTHAT, Glad to hear you like the sound over your previous setup. To get your tips even, try loosening the 13mm on the right hanger and raising the exhaust up a lil. Theres a good half inch of adjustment there. SHoot me a PM if I can help you out man.

Ron
Old 02-23-2004, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cammin BeaSSt
INUTHAT, Glad to hear you like the sound over your previous setup. To get your tips even, try loosening the 13mm on the right hanger and raising the exhaust up a lil. Theres a good half inch of adjustment there. SHoot me a PM if I can help you out man.

Ron
I'm going back to the shop on the way home from work. We'll give it a try.
The loudmouth had a lot more play it it since it wasn't all one piece.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:47 AM
FormerVendor

The GMMG does as well, until you crush down the 3" crusher clamp
Old 02-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Teching In

I'm starting to think it's the bracket on my car on the passenger side that's off. I had a similar problem with the Loudmouth, but had room to play with it.
The shop lifted the car up on the side that is low bending it up a bit. It's still a little low but & he is going to shim down the driver side a little in a week or so.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Apologies for bringing an old thread back TTT, but...

I'm having a similar problem. I got the exhaust in the first GP back around XMAS, and just got it on about a week ago. The exhaust sounds simply incredible for stock manifolds.

The right tip hangs about 1/2" lower than the left. It seemed fine when we put it all on, but now it appears to have 'settled' into this position. It seems everytime I adjust the right hanger, it goes back to the orginal position as soon as I take her out on the streets. I have the optional tips.

I understand the only real play I have is the in that hanger, but I was wondering which tip is at the normal height? In other words, am I trying to move the left down, or the right up? I'd LIKE to move the right up, cause I think it looks better that way, but maybe that's not possible. Would it be possible for someone who has the optional tips to go out and measure the distance from the top of the tip to the bottom of the bumper?

Thanks guys.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:52 PM
FormerVendor

PoolShark, Our rule of thumb is two finger widths from bumper cover to the top of the tip. Its more or less personal preference. We just like to keep the heat off the rear plastic. Goodluck with it man
Old 04-13-2004, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I better drop mine down a little bit then, I might have 3/4 of a finger tip between the oval tips and the plastic but it hasn't melted.....yet. I do think I'd rather have this catback on crooked than just about any others I've heard on straight
Old 04-13-2004, 06:42 PM
FormerVendor

F-bodman, I think you will be fine. We do it as a precaution. I personally like them nice n tucked myself

Quick Reply: GMMG installed & tip are crooked