Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my Texas Speed Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 10:28 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Same as we told everybody when these were made with mild steel and ceramic coated, you need to remove the driver's side engine mount and rock the motor over towards the passenger side to get the driver's side in. We'd highly recommend that over grinding the K-member. Once you get it in, they fit perfectly and have no fitment issues at all!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^^Damn....guess I'll be sticking with Kooks.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant wait to order my headers just a couple more days!!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:27 AM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suzaku
They are 304 stainless to my knowledge and have beautiful welds on them.
Who knew the Chinese could weld so well?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:07 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
^^Damn....guess I'll be sticking with Kooks.
A quick search will reveal that even Kooks 1 7/8" headers often need that mount removed to install. For an extra $400 or so in my pocket, I'll remove that bolt every time!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
Old 10-04-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
A quick search will reveal that even Kooks 1 7/8" headers often need that mount removed to install. For an extra $400 or so in my pocket, I'll remove that bolt every time!
$400 difference? just ordered a new set of kooks 1 7/8 for $750.00 shipped. I would of ordered your headers, but I wanted the true dual setup that goes all the way out the back and fits the stock location. I do think your headers are a bargin for 500.00!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

^^That's still like getting paid $250 to remove and re-install that mount....well under an hour of work. Sign me up

Old 10-04-2011, 12:10 PM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

Since Texas Speed headers are made in China, are they any better/difference from the Chinese eBay knockoffs? I mean if there is little to no difference, why spend $500 when eBay has 'em for what, less than $200 or thereabouts?
Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Launching!

You guys need to keep in mind, just because its made in China doesn't mean its Crap. Most companies in the united states outsource manufacturing overseas, but those products are made with materials and designs specified by the company. The diference between Crap no name headers and tsp headers is exactly that, if you have a problem you have a person that you can talk to and a company that backs their product not to mention understands the industry.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:37 PM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

I know I never said Chinese products were crap, my question is about specific design differences and the roughly $300 price difference. It's a fair question.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cpo
Since Texas Speed headers are made in China, are they any better/difference from the Chinese eBay knockoffs? I mean if there is little to no difference, why spend $500 when eBay has 'em for what, less than $200 or thereabouts?
I agree but remember Texas-speed's are 1 7/8ths though. Kook's are the only other header offered in that size and Texas-spees are much cheaper so.. But anyway, FWIW. My OBX headers and y-pipe kit, made in china, fit perfectly. No modification required whatsoever. Now everyone always jumps on people that have a good experience with chinese headers off of ebay because they are cheap and you sometimes need to modify them to fit, but EVERY single header offered on the market has the possibility of needing modification!!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by cpo
A fair question! The correct answer is below! if you have a problem with your Ebay headers, what phone number will you call. If you have a problem with ours, you call 806-866-0734 and we are available 40+ hours a week to take those call, plus many more "offline" hours when we respond to questions on Facebook, email, this and other web forums, etc!

Originally Posted by Suzaku
You guys need to keep in mind, just because its made in China doesn't mean its Crap. Most companies in the united states outsource manufacturing overseas, but those products are made with materials and designs specified by the company. The diference between Crap no name headers and tsp headers is exactly that, if you have a problem you have a person that you can talk to and a company that backs their product not to mention understands the industry.
Bingo! Ever seen the Ebay header companies at the LSx races? Ever see them posting on SL1tech answering your questions about these headers or anything else?

Old 10-04-2011, 02:39 PM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

A fair question! The correct answer is below! if you have a problem with your Ebay headers, what phone number will you call. If you have a problem with ours, you call 806-866-0734 and we are available 40+ hours a week to take those call, plus many more "offline" hours when we respond to questions on Facebook, email, this and other web forums, etc!

Bingo! Ever seen the Ebay header companies at the LSx races? Ever see them posting on SL1tech answering your questions about these headers or anything else?
All very good points, thanks for the professional response.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Grim Crow
^lol whats wrong with black? anyway no not in the budget schedule for the car atm. it will happen in the future but not until at least a cam and new suspension is in. maybe i'll hit you up in the future.
Ill give you a good price! I want red because it matches my car... Red all around...
Old 10-04-2011, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

What's 'a good price' lol?
Old 10-04-2011, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

^^That's still like getting paid $250 to remove and re-install that mount....well under an hour of work. Sign me up
oh no doubt! you guys should produce a stainless true dual exhaust to go with your 1 7/8 headers as a package. Get it to fit in the stock location like kooks did and it will sell like hot cakes. It would be worth it's weight in gold just to get rid of the rasp. I know a good merge helps alot, but it still not going to sound as clean or flow like a X...as previously posted your guys headers are a bargain at 500.00!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stippy17
What's 'a good price' lol?
550 including shipping?

Or make me an offer.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Question

Once again, any Pictures?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...l#post15459241

Tony
Old 11-02-2011, 12:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking headers. What goes in the rifle case next to em?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
They sound like the LPP's, good quality but PIA to install w/ poor fitment.
You couldnt be more wrong. Mine fit and tuck perfect, no magic tricks just a competent installer.

Quick Reply: Just got my Texas Speed Headers