Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tsp true duals with Sweet Thunders too loud for neighbors! What now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MattxFatal
I would either try and make peace first or take the other DD before changing my setup.

Jesus ******* Christ, your statement is utterly retarded.

Yes, some how you're emasculated for being conscious of others.
Please, hit yourself in the face with a tack hammer.
How bout I take my giant fist and beat your ******* face in. I bet I could do a lot more damage with my fist than you could with a tack hammer ******.

If you think it's ok to sacrafice your wow happiness just to be curtious of your neighbor, then do yourself and eveyone else a favor and turn in your man card and cut off your ******* dick because you my friend are emasculated.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
How bout I take my giant fist and beat your ******* face in. I bet I could do a lot more damage with my fist than you could with a tack hammer ******.

If you think it's ok to sacrafice your wow happiness just to be curtious of your neighbor, then do yourself and eveyone else a favor and turn in your man card and cut off your ******* dick because you my friend are emasculated.
Mystic?
Old 12-03-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix

Is your butthole okay? Because obviously someone raped you recently. I can't think of any other reason to be this angry.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

It can't be any louder than my Harley with vance & hines bigshots, which my neighbors never complain about. As long as the cops don't ticket you, fock the neighbors. They only have to listen to your car for 5 minutes, not all day long.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

I'm in the same boat as you. The cops have showed up once telling me they have been getting complaints about me revving and being too loud. I don't really care what they think, I'm not changing my car. I love the way it sounds. I guess until I get pulled over for too loud of exhaust its not going to change.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MS3, l.t.'s and sweet thunder true duals.
My neighbors have called the cops twice lol. They hate my ***
Old 12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
I absolutely think there is something to be said about being courteous to your neighbors.
Within reason. I agree with both sides. When I put on my exhaust I told the neighbor closest to the driveway I put on new exhaust and if it's ever a problem let me know. If they say something, I'm not going to change the exhaust though. I'll take it to work a few days less or try to alter my driving style. I allready pretty much idle out of the neighborhood when I take it to work, and that's not easy with the 4k stall....lol. Lucky for me my neighbor said it was a good sound and made him remember his muscle cars growing up. We'll see if any of this changes with hopefully Kooks TD and a cam.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Launching!

This thread is a good reason to run cut-outs. lol
Old 12-05-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The little kid at the corner in my neighborhood is afraid of my car, he runs and hides behind his moms minivan and peaks around the corner when I sit at the stop sign. I am friendly with the people that live there, and they think it's hilarious and I never hear anything negative about the sound of my car even with open headers. But I must say, that the Magnaflow mufflers will probably quiet it down the most for their size.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:56 AM
10 Second Club

I dont see the problem either. I mean unless your leaving tracks down the road, i dont see a problem. Be suttle and sophisticated on the gas pedal and clutch and call it good. If they still have something to say, then rain down the thunder lol...
Old 12-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by a-low
Anyone got pictures of their 2 chamber dual set up?
Good question. Also these magnaflows y'all are talking about. Is that a glasspack style muffler or chambered?

Most concerned about figment on the chambered exhaust with my true dual and dumps before the axle.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You could considered installing some high flow Magnaflow cats?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Adding high flow cats won't quiet it down much, probably just a few decibels.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:54 AM
12 Second Club

So what I am reading is td's with sweet thunders are the best way to go to **** off my neighbors...

I agree to keep the exhaust cause who cares what they say I doubt they would do something for you like that. This is what we have become people want everything but wont return the favor
Old 12-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Best option: Buy your neighbors a set of good earmuffs.

True Dual sweet thunders for the Mother ******* win.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by adamantium
stock exhaust and e cutout, best of both worlds.
true that, thats what im planning on doing. nice aggressive sound then when you want to cruise with the noise. slingshot engaged.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
Adding high flow cats won't quiet it down much, probably just a few decibels.
I dont know man. High flow cats def tamed down my setup.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamantium
stock exhaust and e cutout, best of both worlds.
Close but not quiet right? Hooker Catback with a 3" DMH electric cutout mounted underneth the passengers rear seat for the win!! Perfect place for it. Then she can go from super quiet where you can't even tell theres a MS4 in there to OMG lets clean out your earwax for free. Wouldn't change mine at all.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Launching!

I'm another one who says **** THE NEIGHBORS. As long as you're not endangering anybody's safety, then I wouldn't worry about it. If I had a neighbor that constantly complained about my exhaust, I'd let him know quick who pays the bills around my homestead. I'd say, "Until you start buying parts for my car and paying for installation, you aint got NO SAY-SO what goes in, on, or around MY car. **** You."

But dont get me wrong, I like to be as civil as possible with my neighbors. I just dont let someone's negative opinion dictate how I spend my hard earned money. And like the saying goes, "If you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing noone."
Old 12-22-2011, 02:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Look at it this way, if it wasn't you exhaust it would be something else, like your music, dog, x-mas lights, bbq smoke, etc....
Some people just aren't happy unless they can blame someone else for their own unhappiness.

IMO, I'd make an effort to be courteous, but that's it.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 12-22-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Tsp true duals with Sweet Thunders too loud for neighbors! What now?