Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Headers & Y install pics; FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 415 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
You are exactly right. And that's what I'm planning to find out by attempting this swap.

If it fits with minimal issues. Wonderful.

If not, back to the body shop.
if it is tweaked that much, make the car a cool daily and get another f body for racing. You really want to make power on a tweaked frame? You can straighten it all you want, doesnt mean it will ever be right.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bspeck82
if it is tweaked that much, make the car a cool daily and get another f body for racing. You really want to make power on a tweaked frame? You can straighten it all you want, doesnt mean it will ever be right.
Thanks for the advice. You're right, but I can't do that. I'm too damn sentimental. Without going into too much detail, there are just too many things this car and I have done. I'm not willing to let that go or let the car be lost to the fate of being a daily driver in Iowa. Plus cars far worse than this one have been repaired. I apparently just need to find someone better who is willing to do what it takes to help me make this happen. I still have plans for this car and it will ride again.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 833 Likes on 636 Posts

Get an aftermarket K member and get the car on a frame machine. It should be able to be pulled back into spec.

Quick Reply: TSP Headers & Y install pics; FINALLY