Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP dumped true duals to full rear exit exhaust kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar
Plenty of inexperienced exhaust shops say they can't do OTA on the F-bodies. That is what I had a shop tell me here when I called about getting my Camaro done.
I wish there were more exhaust shops around that knew more about F-bodies...

Originally Posted by hiram007
My brother is in the same boat, looks waaaaaaaay better dumped on a camaro. Because of how the rear end is set up. Definitely can pull it off.

X2. For us Trans Am guys, getting a dumped exhaust looks pretty stupid in the rear. Can't bring myself to spend $1500+ on a kooks just to get OTA though.
Ya, it looks kinda empty when TA's are dumped. No kidding, 1500 bucks is a ridiculous amount of money for exhaust imho.

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
1500 is a joke. way to much to spend for exhaust on these cars that you will never see but the tips unless it's a show car or something.

maybe i'll start a thread to vote asking whether TSP should make a rear extension to their TSP TD's and see how much interest it gets!!
Just saw your thread, I am voting a definite yes!

Originally Posted by Tyler_PinkertonZ28
I couldn't agree more. I had asked several shops locally, but no one wants to even try to run duals over the axle. I want tsp TD's but I want to keep my CME.
The CME on a camaro is by far my favorite look, just wish I had the money to do it haha.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is my plan to runmy duals back into a cme, how many went above the axle with the tsp duals ,any pics, also any pics of them ranunder the axle
Old 02-03-2012, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a local shop bend up tail pipes to run mine out the back, under the axle. They aren't mandrel bent, but by the time the exhaust gets back that far, it's not going be restriction. The few small dimples put in from the crush bends aren't going to amount to much loss in power. 3" all the way.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

PAGregSS, do you have any pics that you would like to share?? That would be awesome!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd like to see them as well
Old 02-03-2012, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is the only picture I have here at work. You can see the crush bends pretty well. The pipes are attached to the rest of the exhaust with v-band clamps.
Attached Thumbnails TSP dumped true duals to full rear exit exhaust kit?-my-duals.jpg  
Old 02-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Captain Double Post

see that is way to low for me, my duals tuck up great, but im worried if i get the pipes ran under the axle i will have issues
Old 02-04-2012, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

PAGregSS, that's exactly the kind of under the axle exhaust I would want. Are you at stock ride height? How many inches of ground clearance do you have? I think it looks good. Do you have any more pics of underneath your car, and perhaps a rear shot farther away from your car? Sorry for all the questions but thank you.

Btw, your car looks hella clean underneath!!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like i said in the other thread them making an OTA kit would be pointless. Their headers and duals can be had for under 1000 to your door new, they were designed for the most bang for your buck.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
This is the only picture I have here at work. You can see the crush bends pretty well. The pipes are attached to the rest of the exhaust with v-band clamps.
Whats up with the entire system hanging so low? I dont understand how my under the axle setup with 14x9x4 Borla Mufflers and 3 inch mandrel bends all the way back tucked up better.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Captain Double Post

i agree my duals tuck up better than my y pipe,looking at my car now from the side i dont see anything hanging down
Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

When I had the duals extended out the back, I also had the shop mate the front up to the headers with v-band clamps. They actually tucked the TSP duals up much better than they fit when it was slip fit. The rear has to come down to clear the axle. I have a Moser 12 bolt, so my axle is a bit larger than stock. From time to time on hard bumps, the exhaust will still tap the axle. To me that's better than hitting the ground. The angle of the picture doesn't give a real good angle to convey the clearance. I've only scraped this exhaust maybe 3 times in 4 years and that was bottoming the suspension out. I am at stock ride height. FYI, I am likely selling this full exhaust, headers and duals soon as I am going turbo.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blk98Vert
Whats up with the entire system hanging so low? I dont understand how my under the axle setup with 14x9x4 Borla Mufflers and 3 inch mandrel bends all the way back tucked up better.
My guess would be because you actually built your exhaust to go that route. Big difference from modifying an exhaust designed to be dumped. If I were to build an under-the-axle dual exhaust, I'd most certainly move the pipes out further to pass on either side of the center section. Since the center section on the 12 bolt is a bit larger, my exhaust has to come down more to get under the axle.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

@hiram007

I have a ta with a dumped dyno max and I don't think it looks that bad. It definitely looks empty but to each his own.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Captain Double Post

anyothers have pics on a lowered car with extensions

Quick Reply: TSP dumped true duals to full rear exit exhaust kit?