Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally took the cats off :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012 | 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

That setup should wake the neighbors! I think you'll be ecstatic about the sound once you get the cam installed and the car tuned. Should be pretty nasty (in a good way).

I considered going the same direction but decided I could conquer the rasp issue by using an e-cutout that is partially opened. The valve adds in the volume however a portion of the exhaust still flows through the motor so you get the benefit of a nice tone to the sound.
Old 03-21-2012 | 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Hopefully the cam pushes it over the top. I heard an ms3 cammed lm1 and I loved it. Sounded like the earth was falling apart when it went by.
Old 03-21-2012 | 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
Theres no point in getting a tune before I install the cam.
exactly. not worth the 1 mpg (if any) and it cant run that rich or lean with stock engine imo..
Old 03-22-2012 | 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey there Mike, I got your PM.

It's freakin' awesome that you finally took the plunge. And what's even better is that you LOVE IT!

I've seen/heard LT/ORY/LM1 Videos on YouTube, but I'm with those saying you should post up a clip. I'd love to hear it.

I'm genuinely surprised I haven't seen a post saying, "give it a month and you'll hate it.", or "wait 'til you get a cam, then see how much you like it."

This simply proves what's always been true. Exhaust note is matter of opinion. Plain and simple.
Old 03-23-2012 | 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My SS was louder then any HARLEY on the street. What was really fun was cruising down the road and some biker pull up next to me riding 2nd or 3rd gear, trying to be obnoxious because my wife and I have the t-tops off and windows down. He;d ride right next to her window, then I would throw some high RPM revs and dump the clutch. He would try to be louder but simply couldn't! LoL!

I miss that LM1 and ORY. Now I have a SLP DD, and it's MUCH quieter...actually too quiet now. But at WOT it's very loud but just cruising or idle it's not loud enough, ;(

I wish I had a good exhaust shop that could make me duals and make them good.
Old 03-23-2012 | 09:23 AM
The Scammer Hammer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aAH7...yer_detailpage

6 seconds and 12 seconds.... that's the RASP / RAP I was trying to get rid of when I did my MagnaMouth.

Mike, correct me if I'm wrong, but this pretty much sums up your sound?
Old 03-23-2012 | 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aAH7...yer_detailpage

6 seconds and 12 seconds.... that's the RASP / RAP I was trying to get rid of when I did my MagnaMouth.

Mike, correct me if I'm wrong, but this pretty much sums up your sound?
Yeah that sounds pretty much the same. I wouldnt wanna stand in a garage while it gets dyno tuned