Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manufactor, Exhaust on my Camaro SS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manufactor, Exhaust on my Camaro SS?

HI everyone, have bought a real Classic Yesterday, A real Bright Red Camaro SS 1998 made for Canada, Have the SLP door sticker but the codes on it have faded, so I cant see if the car has a option Exhaust from SLP.

However, this exhaust was sitting on the car, does anyone know if it stock, option on SS, or is it aftermarket? Or does somebody made this be her self?

Anyone recognize this?

Greetings/Jocke from Sweden
Old 06-10-2012, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a factory SS catback...SLP Dual/Dual catback to be precise. Its much better than the stock Camaro Z28 catback in terms of flow and is still very quiet. Its a very sought after catback. Sounds great with headers and ory...
Old 06-10-2012, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Great! Thanks for the fast awnser I found on another Article I had here at home that the SS only hade a single tip exhaust. But this was an SLP option from then?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

The "Single out the left" catback was an option on LT1 cars...not sure if it made it to the LSx car lineup or not. But what you have pictured was an option on SS cars, as well as sold as an aftermarket catback by SLP.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Okey, have this one at home, thats why i am confusing.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Here is the description from the 2002 SLP literature.

Performance Exhaust System with Dual-Dual Outlets (335 Horsepower) $699.00

Stainless steel system features dual outlets with two exhaust tips on each side, which provides the authoritative "exhaust note" and aggressive profile enthusiasts want. A freer-flowing muffler and associated hardware, combined with proprietary SLP technology, help increase engine output to 335 horsepower.

Todd
Old 06-10-2012, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by moeZ28
The "Single out the left" catback was an option on LT1 cars...not sure if it made it to the LSx car lineup or not. But what you have pictured was an option on SS cars, as well as sold as an aftermarket catback by SLP.
I believe the only LS1 cars that got the SOTL catback were the '98 SS's and WS6's, very strange looking.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd keep the dual dual!
It was one of my favorites through my many, many, exhaust set ups!
+1 for it sounding great with Longtubes and ORY!

I got offers to trade or buy my exhaust ALL the time.
Looks to be in great shape too, if you don't want it...throw it in the attic!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 AM
On The Tree

Oh Thanks guys, love this forum. Of course I'll keep this on this car. Anyone know if its a rare option?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not a super rare option by any means, I'm sure the cars equipped with these each year were in the thousands. But like others said above, it is a decent flowing setup that is still quiet, so people who want to make good power without loud exhaust usually go after this. Also, SLP doesnt make them anymore, so whats out there is all there is.

On the SLP LT1 cars, there was a "two on the left" (or 2OTL as people abbreviate it sometimes) exhaust option. This was on firehawks, WS6's, and SS's, and it was also available on the '98 WS6's and '98 SS's as well. People love the 2OTL exhaust for the same reason, quiet, great flowing, and some people love the look as well.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:45 AM
11 Second Club

2OTL was NOT option an any 98-02 car or any WS6.
93-97 Firehawk and 96-97 SS ONLY
Old 07-10-2013, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moeZ28
That is a factory SS catback...SLP Dual/Dual catback to be precise. Its much better than the stock Camaro Z28 catback in terms of flow and is still very quiet. Its a very sought after catback. Sounds great with headers and ory...
On a base 98-02 SS the GM Performance exhaust was installed at the factory as seen in the attachment. The SLP Dual/Dual was an option installed by SLP.
Attached Thumbnails Manufactor, Exhaust on my Camaro SS?-umi-phb.jpg  
Old 07-10-2013, 08:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Classic? Put down the crackpipe it's a 15 year old F-body they are a dime a dozen and all over the place. Saw 10 of them today before lunch in various stages of awesome to POS status.
Quit running up the price on my f-bodies by calling them a classic so we can ***** them out and pop their cherries for a few years to come and really make em run.

Yes that's factory exhaust.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
Classic? Put down the crackpipe it's a 15 year old F-body they are a dime a dozen and all over the place. Saw 10 of them today before lunch in various stages of awesome to POS status.
Quit running up the price on my f-bodies by calling them a classic so we can ***** them out and pop their cherries for a few years to come and really make em run.

Yes that's factory exhaust.

If you'd read, his info says he's from Sweden, which over there where these cars aren't a dime a dozen, they might be considered classics to them. On another note, NO MATTER WHAT! Don't get rid of that exhaust, you'll kick yourself in the face everyday you think about it lol, I sold the Dual Dual I had installed on my old ws6 and regretted it everyday, they might not be the "loudest" like everyone likes but they do sound good behind some headers and a heads/cam package with absolutely no drone, congrats on the car!!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Yup missed the Sweden part never read the location bs to the left unless I have to explains it all. I can see it being a badass car to have in sweden.

Spend lots of time reading on here ask lots of questions and build the heck out of it if that's your plans for it. There's tons of us on here to help you out along the way.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Use a little Never Dull with some elbow grease on that muffler and it will clean up REAL good...
http://eagleone.com/nevr-dull-wadding-polish
Old 07-15-2013, 05:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
I believe the only LS1 cars that got the SOTL catback were the '98 SS's and WS6's, very strange looking.
Yes, this was what came STOCK, from the FACTORY, if one did not opt for one the SLP system.

This is NOT to be confused with the '2 out the left' (2OTL) side by side double barrel shotgun looking outlet system, which was supposed to give even slightly more power than the SLP dual/dual shown above.

Quick Reply: Manufactor, Exhaust on my Camaro SS?