Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catback: Hooker, Magnaflow, Loudmouth II or ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Yes, you can put either a Borla XR1 (40085) or Magnaflow MagnaPack 14419. Magnaflow has a 4" case for better ground clearence, while Borla is a 5" case.

Actually, the EARLY SLP LM's were 304; The ones with the welded resonators. IDK what the deal is with the new ones.... I think it's a 409 stainless with an aluminized coating, from what I've read.
I will check them out. I do like the way the hooker sounds. I dont care about rust. The car wont see water.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
^^I hope its not gonna be my case..
WOW, LUCKY ME, THE HOOKER AEROCHAMBER WAS DEFECT FROM FACTORY AND FITMENT=CRAP. Cant believe I wrote that before!!

I didnt even remember this thread!! YOU CAN CLEARLY READ ON THE MUFFLER; MADE IN CHINA. There goes the quality control.

BUT, the Hooker was far superior for HP and SOUND on my setup compared to Magnaflow; I replaced the defect Hooker muffler with a Magnaflow and it feels like a solid 20-25hp loss and the sound is just horrible. I guess the Magnaflow isnt tested for LS2/LS3 ported topend with a 230-236 cam

So tired of those badlucks...

I'll get the cheapest free flowing setup I can.

Quick Reply: Catback: Hooker, Magnaflow, Loudmouth II or ??