Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick (dumb) question.. Fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 03:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick (dumb) question.. Fuel injectors

I traded my 02 WS6 for a C5 and before handing over the keys I stole a few things from the TransAm, one of which being the intake (Vette had LS1 intake, TransAm had LS6).. When I removed the intake to make the job faster I just took it with fuel rail, injectors, and all and put it on the vette.. Did a little research and it appears the Vette came with the 26 lb and the TransAm has the 28.2 lb.. I would assume that if that bit of information is correct that the car is now burning a little rich.. Makes sense in my head.. Well the guy that tunes my car wont be able to get to it before the next race in the series I compete in.. Do you see it doing any harm with the larger injectors.. Just for reference its a 00 6 speed C5 with blackwing intake, corsa axle back and of course now it has a LS6 intake and the 28.2 lb injectors.. or do you think with the other small mods the injectors will equal out??

Trying to decide if I want to race it or wait for the tune.. If I dont race I have no way to keep up in the points standing and wont win this year (5 part series through the year) I won the whole series last year in my TransAm
Old 06-16-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

D1ck move on your part dude. If kharma is working, you gassed down your cylinders and chewed the rings already.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your computer thinks it has the injectors it was tuned for. it will spray them like it was the originals. just an on/off switch. It must be tuned for the new size injectors so it wont run pig rich, soak the pistons and pretty much kill your gas mileage. The mods that have been done wont make a difference. It will still turn the injectors on for the same amount of time that it would with the old injectors and spray more than it thinks it is. This will of course screw with the 02 sensors which will mess even more with the computer. Gonna foul the plugs as well.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That little bit won't affect anything, if you jumped up to 36lb injectors you might have an issue.

Crainholio, we're talking swapping intakes here, not trading out the ls1 for a 3.8l. He is in the right, I had a FAST 102 on my truck before I sold it, I'll be damned if I was going to let a $800 intake go with it, so I swappe a ls2 in it and retuned it. Although the seller should have said it didn't come with it
Old 06-16-2012, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

I guess I could have mentioned this in the first post but never thought you guys would automatically conclude that I did something under handed.. ALL parties involved in this trade understood.. The new owner helped me swap the damn intakes for crying out loud (he is ordering a H/C/I for it) lol.. Anyway.. I appreciate the constructive input.. I figured it would be ok with the small difference in injector sizes and also figured it would be rich if anything.. The very small size difference in the injectors tells me I can run it a few times on a 1/8 mile strip without hurting anything.. I certainly wont be spraying until the tune though which kills me as I know I cant win this race without the bottle but at least I can get a few points under my belt so at the end of the year I dont take such a big hit..
Old 06-16-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BAD98TA
I guess I could have mentioned this in the first post but never thought you guys would automatically conclude that I did something under handed..
Yeah, no way anybody could have concluded that...

Originally Posted by 1BAD98TA
I stole a few things from the TransAm...
Fair enough on the rest of your post, but I'd get the PCM recalibrated for the larger injectors pretty soon.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

He says he will be back on the 1st from vacation so hopefully get it tuned on July 6th (first day I'm off work).. I could have worded that a lil different lol..

Anyone feel like taking a guess what the Vette will do at the track?? First time I ever ran the TransAm I ran 8.7X's (April 2011) and last time there I ran 7.7X's NA.. Ran 6.9X's on the bottle though (May 2012).. I am hoping the Corvette can muster an 8.5X pass with the current mods but with a 6 speed I may be aiming a lil high.. (this is on street tires)
Old 06-17-2012, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Why even risk it? I would just wait. Its not worth it.