Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget true duals?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
Quiet will cost more than loud on average. Also, quiet usually requires a larger case, and space is at a premium under these cars. Cheapest is the universal X and bullets, it will just be loud.
quietest i've ever heard was two Thrush turbo mufflers from autozone behind an x-pipe. it literally was a set of True Duals that was quieter than a Magnaflow catback. they're cheap, like 28 bucks each.......after hearing this setup, i got one to go behind my catted y-pipe when i had to switch from Duals for emissions testing......my car is very quiet now, even with Pacestters and the cam
Old 08-25-2012, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Which x pipe should I go with?
Old 08-25-2012, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jc98ss
quietest i've ever heard was two Thrush turbo mufflers from autozone behind an x-pipe. it literally was a set of True Duals that was quieter than a Magnaflow catback. they're cheap, like 28 bucks each.......after hearing this setup, i got one to go behind my catted y-pipe when i had to switch from Duals for emissions testing......my car is very quiet now, even with Pacestters and the cam
Thrush turbo is quiet , but it does not flow well, its not really a performance muffler more of a stock replacement.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nastyiroc
Which x pipe should I go with?
Well the best flowing X pipes do not usually fall in the budget category but look something along these lines a narrow parallel http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...ductId=1130498 or splayed at one end.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by omc8
Thrush turbo is quiet , but it does not flow well, its not really a performance muffler more of a stock replacement.
my bad, i had it all wrong.....mine is a Thrush Glasspack, not a turbo muffler......it is a straight through design, the turbo mufflers are alot different.....these are still super quiet, compact, and look like Dynomax bullets on the inside
Name:  thrush.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  6.9 KB
Old 08-27-2012, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was hoping someone by now would have posted up TDs out the back either over or under the axel. Not dumps, do not want to see dumps. May be BigBird will post up pics of his car, up on a lift with pics of the complete system.

Quick Reply: Budget true duals?