Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tsp stainless ypipe help

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I turn in into the recess it is flush against the body. Will I have to bfh?
Old 09-14-2012, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the bfh and beat that area down 1/4"-1/2". My y pipe tucks so well you cant really see it walking up to the car from a distance. And my y pipe doesn't angle down like that. Turn the pipe on the drivers side header so that it is at its most level point with the floor board. Most didnt use the bfh, some do, but your is angled down and thats where your problem is. I just dis mine Thurs and thats what I did.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

It was like 11:30pm when I started working on mine lol. Ill try to turn it cuz now I have a drumline on my floorboard.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still haven't got this ypipe to tuck up. I will ******* pay to have Matt or Aaron come to Odessa to put this ****** on the right way like theirs supposedly is! It's pissing me off. I have tsp 1 3/4 tsp ss ypipe and a tsp rumbler. And it looks like ****. Lowered cars have more clearance than my STOCk height car.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still no luck. Can I take this to y'all in Lubbock to put it on right?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:47 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Aaron, maybe you can post up some more/better pics to help this guy with your pipe? Plus it'll add to the searchable info database about your stuff.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Send me some pics of what exactly your dealing with and where your having a problem. Then hopefully I can get a visual and help you out.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Same problem as posted in post #1. If I turn the first piece straight even with the body i can't get the rest to line up and slide together.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm really thinking of taking the drive to y'all to fix it.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

no way mine was fittin either
Old 12-17-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

muffler shop smushed it in half..........it fits now !!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sjsingle1

muffler shop smushed it in half..........it fits now !!!!
Sorry man, I don't that looks ok...not the right way to fix it.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

What do you suggest aaron?? I'm getting tired of scraping Like a dog dragging his ***. Lol.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:19 PM
12 Second Club

maybe you should have just turned it like i said in the beginning. your muffler shop should have been able to do it for you. im lowered and have the same y pipe you do and dont have any problem with mine. but congratulations on ******* up a perfectly good y pipe.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
Sorry man, I don't that looks ok...not the right way to fix it.
did not have much of a choice.......my car is a DD and it was the only way to make it work
Old 12-20-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

Cant tell you if mine is installed right or wrong, this is the best I could do and I worked it for a while, where that band clamp is toward the collector on the drivers side is right where the floor brace is thats in the way for everyone I assume? Mine hits on start up too. I'd be interested in hearing TSP's thoughts on mine? I love my TSP system just wish I had 5-10 more degrees bend at that brace point. I'd even pay to get mine bent there a lil if I could find a good shop with a mandrel bender. My car isnt lowered and its never dragged, knock on wood. And I totaly understand about the minute differences their are in these cars from one to another.
Attached Thumbnails Tsp stainless ypipe help-img_2384.jpg   Tsp stainless ypipe help-img_2389.jpg  
Old 12-21-2012, 12:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Cant tell you if mine is installed right or wrong, this is the best I could do and I worked it for a while, where that band clamp is toward the collector on the drivers side is right where the floor brace is thats in the way for everyone I assume? Mine hits on start up too. I'd be interested in hearing TSP's thoughts on mine? I love my TSP system just wish I had 5-10 more degrees bend at that brace point. I'd even pay to get mine bent there a lil if I could find a good shop with a mandrel bender. My car isnt lowered and its never dragged, knock on wood. And I totaly understand about the minute differences their are in these cars from one to another.
In your second pic u can see the first pipe on the drivers side needs to be turned so that it runs parallel to the body. When u do that it will bring that whole side up. I installed mine on kooks lts and it fits tight to the body my clearance is great. I did have to trim a half inche off of one of the peices because I am running a mwc torque arm with built in drive shaft saftey loop, however for you there should be no problem if u turn ur first pipe up the rest will tuck up nice.. if u look at the pic u will see that is not correct. Hope this helps. And for the others if u know anything about exhaust work to get it right takes time to adjust everything correctly and start from the front and work your way to the back leaving clamps loose for adjustment and you will get it right. Goodluck
Old 12-21-2012, 06:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skidooingit
In your second pic u can see the first pipe on the drivers side needs to be turned so that it runs parallel to the body. When u do that it will bring that whole side up. I installed mine on kooks lts and it fits tight to the body my clearance is great. I did have to trim a half inche off of one of the peices because I am running a mwc torque arm with built in drive shaft saftey loop, however for you there should be no problem if u turn ur first pipe up the rest will tuck up nice.. if u look at the pic u will see that is not correct. Hope this helps. And for the others if u know anything about exhaust work to get it right takes time to adjust everything correctly and start from the front and work your way to the back leaving clamps loose for adjustment and you will get it right. Goodluck
Thats sounds good and all but if memory serves the reason that first pipe is blowing down like that is due to it hitting the cross member under the drivers seat. I may be wrong and over the up coming holidays which starts after work today I plan to revisit this and I really hope your correct but I don't think that is possible, like I posted I tried every which way I could, my car only gets driven 10 times a year max so there was no rushing when I did the install. Lets think positive, so far so good. Mayians might have been wrong?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hodge9386
maybe you should have just turned it like i said in the beginning. your muffler shop should have been able to do it for you. im lowered and have the same y pipe you do and dont have any problem with mine. but congratulations on ******* up a perfectly good y pipe.
ill probably have to use the ratchet strap idea to slightly pull the headers together. but congratulations on getting your ******* hurt.

cajunfire: post more pictures from the drivers side about ground level i want to see how well yours tucks.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 AM
Staging Lane

Any update on the exhaust fitment?

Quick Reply: Tsp stainless ypipe help