Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Anyone From DMH or Texas Speed....

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol well like someone said above you can try fixing it yourself? I would but don't know how or what to do. Might just try & sell it & get whatever I can & buy another company. Or hope someone goes over to his shop & slaps some common sense into him or he finally crawls out of his hole & answers his phone
Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree with fixing it yourself...i mean it sucks, but it doesn't seem like we have any other choices. i ordered some new drill bits so i can drill my rivets out and attempt to fix myself. it can't be that hard, plus i mean, it's already broken, what more harm am i going to do?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i pulled mine apart and fixed it today. pretty easy, the motor was loose and not contacting the gears so i just took the gear box apart from the cut out and drilled out the rivets, pulled the two halves apart and tightened up the two screws that hold the motor on and put it back together. works like a charm.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hodge9386
i pulled mine apart and fixed it today. pretty easy, the motor was loose and not contacting the gears so i just took the gear box apart from the cut out and drilled out the rivets, pulled the two halves apart and tightened up the two screws that hold the motor on and put it back together. works like a charm.
that's what happened with mine, them 2 screws came out....did you then just use a standard bolt and nut to put it back together?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ldyzluvdis06
that's what happened with mine, them 2 screws came out....did you then just use a standard bolt and nut to put it back together?
no just put the two halves back together and used the bolts that hold the gear box to the cut out to hold it together.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hodge9386
You know of any write ups?? I really need to get this fixed but have no idea what to do....
Old 01-13-2013, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

no, i just did it. its pretty strait forward, very few parts. kinda depends on whats wrong with it too. i knew my motor worked because i could hear it when i hit the switch, just the screws were loose and not holding the motor in the right position to make contact with the gears. in my old one the magnet broke in the motor and would not work, i tried to find motor to replace it but i got lucky and got him on the phone for that one and he sent me a new one.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Going to try & take it apart & see whats the problem....
Old 02-14-2013, 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

i got mine pulled apart and fixed, but now i can't figure out how to put it back together, i cant get the gears in the right order and it put completly back together!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:39 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

How long has it been since anyone has talked to this "guy"? Hell, someone he screwed over with his cutouts may have already taken a plane to Ohio and killed him. Lol
Old 02-16-2013, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by scj
How long has it been since anyone has talked to this "guy"? Hell, someone he screwed over with his cutouts may have already taken a plane to Ohio and killed him. Lol
haha.

i call/email him a few times a week, and never hear anything.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Doesn't anyone know where he lives? I find it funny that he still has a website to take orders and phone them in, but won't return calls.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well I figured I should speak up about my situation as well. This is my second pair of DMH cutouts, the quality has been pretty good I would say. But ever since day one he's being difficult to get a hold of. However, difficult has turned into impossible!

I'm a little short on options as far as repairing my cutout goes. I was driving through some tall grass *relatively tall, tall for my car is like 3 inches...* and the wire must have caught some. Rather than unplugging the electrical connection the electrical motor was ripped off. Now one of the two tiny bolts that holds the motor on is broken and both holes that they mount to are stripped out. I find these motors aren't held on very well and this leads to common problems.

All in all I find it pretty sad that many of us bought from DMH for a quality product with great warranty and now that we have problems we're all getting f**ked over. This is precisely why we chose to buy from this guy and here we are caught in the situation we were trying to avoid.

No surprise, he's yet to comment on this thread.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Im sorry but this is TSP's problem IMO. They need to refund you then deal wirth their supplier.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bouvs
Well I figured I should speak up about my situation as well. This is my second pair of DMH cutouts, the quality has been pretty good I would say. But ever since day one he's being difficult to get a hold of. However, difficult has turned into impossible!

I'm a little short on options as far as repairing my cutout goes. I was driving through some tall grass *relatively tall, tall for my car is like 3 inches...* and the wire must have caught some. Rather than unplugging the electrical connection the electrical motor was ripped off. Now one of the two tiny bolts that holds the motor on is broken and both holes that they mount to are stripped out. I find these motors aren't held on very well and this leads to common problems.

All in all I find it pretty sad that many of us bought from DMH for a quality product with great warranty and now that we have problems we're all getting f**ked over. This is precisely why we chose to buy from this guy and here we are caught in the situation we were trying to avoid.

No surprise, he's yet to comment on this thread.
Yea its a ******* joke...

Originally Posted by Full-Force
Im sorry but this is TSP's problem IMO. They need to refund you then deal wirth their supplier.
EXACTLY what I said to them but they said they couldn't do anything about it since they don't have any more of his products in the factory & they can't get a hold of him either
Old 03-12-2013, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Damn screws holding the motor in place backed out on mine. I got that fixed and put it back together but once I put power to it the motor binds even though it spun freely with no power. I think something inside the motor is broke too. I pulled the motor off and tried spinning it and sometimes it gets hung up on something.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Glad I found this I was about to buy a pair.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Damn screws holding the motor in place backed out on mine. I got that fixed and put it back together but once I put power to it the motor binds even though it spun freely with no power. I think something inside the motor is broke too. I pulled the motor off and tried spinning it and sometimes it gets hung up on something.

Originally Posted by pearsonmx6
Glad I found this I was about to buy a pair.
Haha good thing! Should be made a sticky so everyone knows this guy is a crook!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Nevermind i think it's fixed. After searching for a new cutout the only one i found was the race ready one and it's $285. I just came back in from the garage and i finally got the stupid thing to work after tearing it down again.

I also noticed while searching that race ready makes a replacement motor assembly

http://store.racereadyperformance.co...ment_p_72.html

Looks very similar to the dmh one. After looking at alot of pics of the two brands their cutouts are very very similar I wonder if they are interchangeable.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Nevermind i think it's fixed. After searching for a new cutout the only one i found was the race ready one and it's $285. I just came back in from the garage and i finally got the stupid thing to work after tearing it down again.

I also noticed while searching that race ready makes a replacement motor assembly

http://store.racereadyperformance.co...ment_p_72.html

Looks very similar to the dmh one. After looking at alot of pics of the two brands their cutouts are very very similar I wonder if they are interchangeable.

Wow good find! So you just buy that replacement motor & be good? The cutouts do look very similar. Just hopefully there's work better. Might just buy the motor & see if someone can help me replace the crappy DMH one

Quick Reply: Paging Anyone From DMH or Texas Speed....