Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rectangular to Cathedral adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 03:16 AM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, if anything, would act like a velocity stack. This should not hurt performance. Plus your adding a huge blower on top. Great idea.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. The patent is more of a company formality than anything. Some guy has the know how and A CNC machine in his garage, more power to him. Took a lot of R &d to get these perfect, not many are gonna deal with that. The price is actually very cheap. Materials are about 90$, and machine time, tooling, packing, shipping, etc add up. I didn't even calculate r&d time into the price. Not to mention the 20+ junk sets I went through with testing. I might put them on ebay once the backlog of orders clears up and I have a surplus ready to ship.

Originally Posted by stage274
Also, if anything, would act like a velocity stack. This should not hurt performance. Plus your adding a huge blower on top. Great idea.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:25 AM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Third-Gen
Thanks. The patent is more of a company formality than anything. Some guy has the know how and A CNC machine in his garage, more power to him. Took a lot of R &d to get these perfect, not many are gonna deal with that. The price is actually very cheap. Materials are about 90$, and machine time, tooling, packing, shipping, etc add up. I didn't even calculate r&d time into the price. Not to mention the 20+ junk sets I went through with testing. I might put them on ebay once the backlog of orders clears up and I have a surplus ready to ship.
I know.. I make the ls1 girdle, the price is about right, when considering the time, effort, prototypes, patent,ect... God knows, it's not easy to come out with a new product.

I only mentioned, if you make a biger production run, maybe the price can come down in the future. If you do small runs, it can't.

I wish you the best, and again, fantastic idea my friend. To bad I have a 02 f body, and cant fit that type of blower on. If I could,I would defiantly be a buyer.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:35 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Rectangular to Cathedral adapter?

Have any of the sponsors reached out to YOU yet? I'm surprised one of them haven't wanted to pick this ball up and run with it yet.

Again, awesome idea. I'm actually contemplating the high-rise hood for my Vette now...
Old 06-19-2015, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

I'm working with one big sponsor right now. Still getting all the details worked out before I go public with any info though.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:41 AM
Launching!

sweet idea. my question is what would it take to get some ruff cast and then cnc clean them up cost?

im thinking if you get enough you may be cheaper as there may be less milling having to get done.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So, who's doing a dyno comparison between a stock LS1 intake/TB and these adapter plates w/stock LS3 intake ???
Old 06-22-2015, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Bobfig, the machine time is like 27 minutes on the big machine, problem is that it's been down for a month, and I'm running on my backup machine, which is a precision one, aka slow as crap. Once the big machine is up again I will have shelved stock, but right now they are made to order as I need them.

As far as an ls3 intake on ls1 heads, it won't work. The flow direction will abruptly change TWICE before it goes into the heads. The blower works because the air enters the head vertically, instead of perpendicular to the intake port surface as with a standard manifold. The air would make a Z path, not a straight one. Get an LS2 manifold and be a lot happier.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:41 AM
On The Tree

Anybody like phenolic??

Old 07-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Whats the advantages/disadvantages of the phenolic? What do they run?
Old 07-09-2015, 03:16 AM
On The Tree

Some customers just wanted the option for phenolic. And it's easier for me to machine as well. PM me for details.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

Final prototypes getting cut and installed for the truck accessories. Uses factory truck alternator, ps pump, and idler. Will work with cs90, cs130, and Dr44 alternators!

Fancy huh! I gotta make the spacers and clean everything up I'll post some more pics later!

Old 07-17-2015, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 246 Likes on 166 Posts

Nice.

Will the LSA blower have interference with the factory truck accessories? It looks like the high alternator may interfere with the throttle body neck.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Yup. Alternator is all up in the throttle bodies business. Why do you think I'm making a bracket
Old 07-17-2015, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 246 Likes on 166 Posts

I didn't see mention of the interference beforehand in the thread. I only saw mention of the need to convert to truck/5th Gen spacing.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:38 AM
On The Tree

no worries. the first few installs i did had no power steering, and a small high mount alternator on the pass side, so it wasnt an issue. Hopefully truck kits will be done in a week or so
Old 07-24-2015, 04:39 AM
On The Tree

Doing lots of R&D Lately. Got the truck brackets finalized (pics below) and also just put the material order in for the LS1 LS6 Fbody offset pulleys (pic below too). Now you guys can run the LSA on Fbody and truck offets with OEM accessories.

The truck bracket pic is final mockup, without all the spacers made. Im going to be installing a setup on the shop yukon in a few days. Ill post up some videos!!

Old 07-24-2015, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Now I am getting excited(truck accy drive)! This is perfect since I will be running low boost and don't think I need 8 ribs.

What are you planning to charge for this, and when can I get my grubby hands on it? I've gone the LS3 head route already but would not lose any sleep not finishing gathering the rest of the LSA drive. Anybody want to buy new LSA tensioners/idlers and belts?

Thanks!
Chris
Old 08-12-2015, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

just did some upgrades on the belt routing for the front drive system!! Anybody thats ordered one of these kits has been held from shipping so I can update them all tomorrow. There are a few "deal breakers" but I will list them below. What do you guys think? This was as much belt wrap I could get without getting nuts with belt length.

OK heres the "what works and what doesnt".

If you are using this kit, with L92 or LS3 heads, you HAVE to use a truck style 4-bolt throttle body, or use a smaller than stock blower pulley. The belt barely hits the throttle body with the LS3 unit and the stock LSA blower pulley.

If you are using the adapter spacers with the cathedral heads, it clears no issues.

Another note for the L92/LS3 head guys, if you keep the stock truck water pump with the outlet pointing up on the passenger side, let me know, I have a bracket that moves the boost bypass valve to avoid interference, and will include it at no cost. Thanks guys!!
Old 08-17-2015, 07:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any idea how much boost can be made before you run into belt slip problems with the truck accessories and 6 rib setup? Very nice!
Kory

Quick Reply: Rectangular to Cathedral adapter?