Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think i got RIPPED OFF from ebay !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I think i got RIPPED OFF from ebay !!!

This is my first set of headers but this doesn't not seem like "Hooker" Headers to me.
#1) There is no hooker branding on them
#2) WTF is up with the lack of welding around the flanges?
#3) WTF are the cuts in it for where they bolt up ???

Is it me Or did I get ripped off?

Old 10-04-2012, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Should I try to get my money back ? Need input ASAP guys before this guy deletes his account or gets paid on the item
Old 10-04-2012, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You bought super cheap headers on Ebay and your upset about the quality? Hmm... interesting.

The insides are welded so I cant imagine there would be a problem. Why dont you contact the vendor and calmly ask if its normal. Its probably just tack welds to keep the flange on during actual assembly.

Those are the cheap Hookers I have them on the wifes car but its put away so I cant check at the moment. Horrible fit and quality. They hit the drivers floor board every time, and they rusted out after a year or two and the car NEVER sees snow, barely rain.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The non-welded parts of the primaries you showed makes no difference...that has no impact on whether or not they'll seal to the head. As long as there are no gaps where they were welded to the flange on the head side, they'll be fine.

And to me, the slots look like they were put there to allow for some wiggle room when installing...the heat from welding can cause the flange to warp a little, so those might be there to better help it conform to the head mating surface.

Neither of those things pointed out would steer me away from them, but you won't know how they fit with everything else until you try to install them, and there's really no way to know that until you try.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

I have never had hooker an an ls1 but I have owned many sets of hooker headers. Those don't appear to be hooker headers to me unless hooker has a cheap set another company is producing for them. I have never owned a set of hookers that didn't have a huge plate welded on a tube in a prominent place that said "hooker."
Old 10-04-2012, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

well okay, If they will work then I wont complain, I just expected for buying a set of "New Headers" they wouldn't be so cheap looking.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

well looks like Ill just have to toss my mechanic a few extra bucks for the headache of dealing with these lol
Old 10-04-2012, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

How much did you pay for them?
Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Not gonna lie they were cheap only $250 plus $50 shipping, Only reason I was flipping out is that would have been a lot of money for something if they wouldnt have worked at all, but if they work and seal I'm good.

I mean $250 for new ceramic coated...I'll take that all day as long as they are not messed up to the point where they won't work at all
Old 10-04-2012, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Not too mention, The guy had them posted as "NEW Ceramic coated Hooker Longtubes" So thats what I expected regardless of the price. Had they been marked as an off brand I would have spent more to just get the ones I wanted. But as I said, as long as these work and are not all F'ed up, then I'm okay with the deal. I have TONS of other things to buy for the car, so the savings is huge for me ATM
Old 10-04-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

The coating is garbage. Trust me. Although its wierd my wifes cheap hookers have a hooker stamp on one of the primaries on each side. I did manage to get them in from the top by removing the steering shaft and engine mounts n just jackin the motor up.
(tough to get the car 3ft off the ground in a garage with just a passenger car floor jack)
Old 10-04-2012, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they were advertised as "Hooker Headers" and they are are not....File a claim in Paypal for "item not as described". Under the proposed solution ask for a "partial refund" (Thats assuming they work and fit ok). This will allow you to keep them, but also put a few extra bucks in your pocket from the seller's dishonest auction.

If you want your money back...File a claim in paypal as the seller selling a "counterfit" item. Ask for your money + return shipping cost.

As a buyer I have no fear of purchases made on Ebay. Scares the crap out of me as a seller...Because the buyer holds the power.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

yeah nowhere on them says hooker in-fact the only writing on them at all is the number 533 eched in. You can see it in the second picture.

Do ALL hookers no matter how good that are made by hooker have them marked somehow?

Last edited by kissmy99ss; 10-04-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

They're ebay headers.. Who ever said they're like Hooker?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

So you think $300 for ceramic ebay shitty headers is a good deal...but you didn't buy the $400 texas speed stainless headers.. makes sense.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Never even saw those TSP's till I just looked... Sigh....
Old 10-04-2012, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sladester2
So you think $300 for ceramic ebay shitty headers is a good deal...but you didn't buy the $400 texas speed stainless headers.. makes sense.
Just about to say that.. At least from texas speed you no, your not getting junk!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Oh well I guess. What's done is done. All I can do at this point is try for a refund, If I get it I'm definitely going to order those TSP's! But If I dont get a refund. then I'll try putting these on, and hopefully they will be better than my stockers
Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were you, I'd get those primaries welded all the way through the flanges. Been there, done that and my Stainless Steel, Stainless Works brand long tube headers were welded like that and with the motor flexing during revs, something has to give. Guess what those weak welds did.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:25 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd need to see a pic of the whole header, but they look like Hooker. Keep in mind their quality went to absolute **** a few years back when they moved facilities.

As for the welds, headers SHOULD be seam welded on the inside of the flange, like those are. The outside doesn't matter.

OP, post a pic of the whole header and I'll tell you what you have. With the #5 primary being welded like that though in the middle, I'd have to see the whole thing.

bene, I've never seen a header flange let go from the primary before. Sorry for your loss

Quick Reply: I think i got RIPPED OFF from ebay !!!