Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

State Farm Buying New Engine. Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thompson
It is only paid if something is hit in the road or water damage(hydro lock). I would definitely give it some thought before making up a story about something that did not happen. Remember insurance is federally backed. This makes it a federal crime if caught filing a claim on something that did not happen.
I wasn't talking about scamming my insurance company. I knew about getting insurance to pay for an engine due to road hazard or flood. I was just really thrown off by the guy saying his insurance paid 3k when he threw a rod. Maybe he told them a lie to get the money or something. I was under the impression that he threw a rod and they just gave him the money to fix it. I wish it were that simple. I stretched money to pay for my 2 blown engines back when I was a poor college kid.

Thanks for the input TMS. I'll let you guys know when I need a new block. Been really impressed with your prices and customer service reviews on here

Quick Reply: State Farm Buying New Engine. Help