Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redoing my 2002 z28

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long time no updates ls1tech, well I have been extremely busy with work, military and school so I haven't been on here in a little while. So some updates for the car! I finally got the rearend painted, I coated it with 4 coats of por15 gloss black I just couldn't justify what they wanted to powder coat the rearend.

I got a little sidetracked on monday since it was such a nice day and went down to the lake with a couple of my friends, had a little photo shoot lol.

I did order some suspension components today. Today I ordered...
umi panhard bar
umi tunnel brace mounted torque arm with driveshaft loop
umi lower control arms with poly bushings and rotojoints
umi 3 point weld on subframe connectors
umi rear sway bar link
umi tower brace
slotted and drilled rotors (old ones were worn)
slp line lock
steel braded brake lines

Tomorrow I should here back from carl @ central racing parts on my quote for my driveshaft for the s60 and I also ordered some strange engineering rear adjustable shocks. Once I finish with the rear suspension I will be moving onto the front and installing the turbo kmember then the car will be getting some 6.0 love and a turbo!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Alright guys, I should have the stuff I ordered from carl on tuesday which will allow me to install the new rearend! I am still waiting on the order from umi but I was told that it can take 2-5 business days for them to process my order. On another note I believe that I found my donor 6.0 block for the 408 stroker engine that I am getting ready to start! Ill try and have updates on the build tuesday I have been really busy lately because of school and the approaching finals so I will get updates as soon as I can!

I am really still trying to make the saturday test n tune even on may 4th at irp. I don't know if it will happen.

Last edited by patroick67; 04-27-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sick! Keep us posted on the 408 build
Old 04-27-2013, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by adamantium
Sick! Keep us posted on the 408 build
Will do man! I just confirmed it I got the block, I'm going to start it now and will hopefully have it done in 4-5 months.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Following. Ive read all of your work. Sounds A LOT like myself lol. I went down the same path, and as soon as I finished I wanted more. AKA procharger or turbo. Ill be interested in what you do to the 408 since its exactly what I plan on doing. But i cant justify tearing into my car and wasting all that money just to go FI. Ill wait until it blows up, then at least I have a good excuse.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

Yeah I understand that. I plan to reused my top end on the 408.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

So got alot accomplished on the camaro today!

First off I received my new shocks today, still waiting on all my suspension components and driveshaft. I started pulling the rearend today it was much easier than I thought it was going to be!

I had to take this picture to compare the 10 bolt to the s60. It isn't as noticeable in the picture but the 10 bolt is much smaller compared to the s60

I am still waiting on suspension components like I said so basically I am just waiting till everything shows up. I am very excited to get the car back on the road and I'm ready to see what it runs at the track. I am hoping to hit a really low 11 sec pass.

I am hoping to get it all back together this weekend I also have to change the fuel pump. The stock one finally croaked I am surprised it lasted this long with the power this engine is putting out.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Got word from umi, I will have everything for my car this friday so I am hopefully going to get it all back together this weekend. I am still waiting to here on the driveshaft I ordered hoping to have it here before the weekend as well. So I can have some fun this weekend
Old 05-03-2013, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys! Just thought I'd give a little bit of an update, I got my first shipment of stuff from umi, I have to more shipments coming from them and it should be here on monday! This is what I received today

Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys sorry for not posting for so long, I got a new toy and i had been a little preoccupied with it tons of fun!

gsxr 600

So I am basically just waiting on the driveshaft for the car, I was really bummed I missed an even that I had really been looking forward to because the yoke was on back order from strange enegineering however it is all back together just waiting for the drive shaft to show up.

Don't worry the springs are in now, I had a brain fart....lol

Also since I like the way the ss hoods look way more than the z28 hood I thought there was no better time than now to upgrade the hood

I really hope to have the driveshaft this coming week so that I can get it on the track and get some video up since I missed my dyno day which is saturday
Old 05-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome thread, what are you doing/have done brake wise?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Really all I have done to the brakes is slotted and drilled rotors and I am getting ready to change out the lines for steel braided and put a line lock in. That is all I have planned to do for the time being.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Hey guys its been a little bit since my last repost. So I have made ALOT of progress on the car. So far I have got the rearend back in the car all the tubular suspension put on the car (accept subframe connectors doing that on the lift) I am going to finish up mounting the aftermarket ss hood on the car after I am off here and possibly put the exhaust back on.

a little bit of the under the hood action. I have a problem with the fiber glass hood since I run a 104mm lid I have to cut the inner part of the hood out so that it will have enough clearance to shut. Other than that I really like the hood it looks just like an ss hood and taking I spent 400 on it I can deal with that.

I know know why but somehow the car sits about an inch lower in the rear now with the new setup than it did before. This makes little to no sense to me since I didn't change the springs but I like how it looks now.

Next up on the car is I just ordered a slp line lock for the car, and steel braided lines to put on. After I tackle that small project I am going to my next larger project of the k-member and upper and lower control arms. I am going with the turbo kmember for my little project that I am doing this winter.
I think after the kmember I will be ordering some weld rts wheels and tires and putting a nitrous setup on the car.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Well I ran into some problems yesterday, I am having misfires at the higher rpms(it feels like misfires) so I am finally going to hook up my wideband and see what my afr's look like, taking I am still on the stock 28lb injectors I have a feeling that those guys are the problem. I guess only time will tell...

Quick Reply: Redoing my 2002 z28