Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best longtube and y pipe for lowered camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best longtube and y pipe for lowered camaro

Looking for advice on longtubes and y pipe that wont scrape or hang to low, i also would like to know if the off road headers still have an o2sensor?
I heard some bad stuff about slp headers and want some advice on brands.
Im leaning towards the pacesetter and tsp y pipe i heard they are low cost and hug pretty well my only concern is i didnt see the o2 bung in the pic, i plan on deleting my egr stuff aswell
Old 05-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Are the pacesetter quicktrips a good header for the $ and does it fit pretty well
Old 05-21-2013, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had pacesetter LTs and they fit great, but when they came off my car roughly a year and a half later for a turbo build I found signs of rust coming through the ceramic coat. From now on I'll only buy stainleas when available.. And to answer your question about "off road" or "race" headers yes they have one o2 bung on each header effectively deleting one set of o2s. You will either need to get an o2 simulator for each side, have the pcm programmed to keep the check engine light off, or drive around with the check engine light on. I vote tune..
Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

You also need o2 extensions or buy rear o2 sensors for c5 corvettes. They have longer harnesses and work great. A lot of auto parts stores offer a lifetime warranty on them, keep that in mind, because if you drive for a long time without a tune they can get messed up..
Old 05-21-2013, 09:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Scratch the Jet-Hots off your list, terrible Y for (lack
of) tuck-up and a ****-poor Y-merge too.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kooks. Spend your money right the first time.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

I thought that SLP LT's were considered to fit really really well and wouldn't scarpe on a lowered car. Having said that I have also heard that they are a royal pain to install. What other downsides do they have?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smg267
Kooks. Spend your money right the first time.
This! I have Kooks 1 7/8's and love them! Ground clearance is better than with the stock stuff. Quality can't be beat, and the stainless will last longer than you'll probably have the car. If things go bad, Kooks hold their resale value better than any header on the market for these cars. Customer service is fantastic and they're made in the USA. If your going to do it, do it right or I promise you'll regret it later when you have to do it again.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:05 AM
Teching In

When i bought my car it had kooks, they were banged up from the bottom section because the car was too low. (sportline lowering springs)
Old 05-23-2013, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TSP lt's are stainless and have had some good reviews. Instead of spending more unnecessary money, you can re-pin your PCM to where the rear o2 sockets read the front 02's so you can use your factory front o2's, which are usually better than a lot of aftermarket o2's. DON'T FORGET YOUR MOTOR MOUNTS

Quick Reply: Best longtube and y pipe for lowered camaro