Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is my new intake soaked with oil even with a new catch can?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 08:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ssgunny
The way I was suggesting to use it that would have been its purpose.

Well that goes to show you how well I know this system works.

I pulled the hose and checked the tube on my TB with a qtip and no sign of oil residue. I may still place a clear in-line gas filter in the hose between the TB and valve cover just to see what it collects.

That's good. May have to do w/ the type of valve cover you have. Regardless, there's no need for an in-line filter once you've confirmed no oil in line, nipple & throttle blade from that location. Usually, guys running (properly installed) catch cans that are still getting oil in intake, it comes from passenger side valve cover line.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok so I pulled my TB off again yesterday and still oil soaked in the intake after the RX mini breather installed on the oil cap. Checked the instructions and if you have their complete kit the breather is the fresh air intake. Took everything apart and blew out all the PCV lines to clean them out.

- You need to cap the TB inlet and the front port on the passenger side valve cover now with this breather (it's actually a check valve).

- The RX can has a PCV valve built into it, so I removed my stock one but you don't have to.

- I then pulled the flarred grommet that holds the PCV valve off, it's on there good but it'll come loose without breaking anything.

- Then pushed my hose back on to the OEM tube and the RX can.

Last edited by BrntWS6; 10-20-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
Ok so I pulled my TB off again yesterday and still oil soaked in the intake after the RX mini breather installed on the oil cap. Checked the instructions and if you have their complete kit the breather is the fresh air intake. Took everything apart and blew out all the PCV lines to clean them out. - You need to cap the TB inlet and the front port on the passenger side now with this breather (it's actually a check valve). - The RX can has a PCV valve built into it, so I removed my stock one but you don't have to. - I then pulled the flarred grommet that holds the PCV valve off, it's on there good but it'll come loose without breaking anything. - Then pushed my hose back on to the OEM tube and the RX can.
Where can i get this kit & how would i hook it up correctly to a Super Vic intake?
Old 10-20-2013, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

From RX performance or Colorado speed sells them. Not familar with that intake.

Quick Reply: Why is my new intake soaked with oil even with a new catch can?